The Knicks played well tonight and it looked like smooth sailing for a while. Midway through the 3rd quarter the Knicks were up by 10 and it looked like another great victory was coming. Of course, there are 4 quarters and the Magic stepped it up late. There is a lot to like about tonight but moral victories don’t count in the standings.
- Jameer seemed unstoppable in the second half. Someone might want to guard him when he goes for a layup.
- Howard is big and Knicks are not. They had no answer for him. Though, Howard had quite a dirty answer for Billups, knocking him out of the game by sticking his knee out on a screen.
- 97 free throws tonight. That is a lot. Billups was a crazy 18-20 from the line.
- Billups and Amare had 30 while Carmelo had 25 which is great but only 12 rebounds between the 3 of them and Billups had half of those.
- Landry Fields seems always to dominate the +/- battle with a +9 tonight while Shawne Williams had a -17. Shawne actually looked good tonight but the bench was weak. This team is not going to win consistently until they can get more help off the bench consistently.
- Billups has got this team looking smooth on offense. He should be nicknamed Mr. Chemistry. I don’t know why I was resistant to swapping Felton for Billups.