To quote Frazier, it has been a long time since MSG has seen “winning and grinning”. The Knicks actually beat the Orlando Magic tonight, and though it took overtime to do it, I am just freakin’ happy. Some points from tonight:
- The Knicks played defense tonight!!! This was a shocking event. A less shocking event would have been Jared Jeffries giving birth to a unicorn baby through his anus at halftime.
- this would be the unicorn baby
- Carmelo scored 39 points with 10 rebounds. Amare had 20 points with 9 rebounds. The Knicks got about as much as possible out of their boring isolation heavy offense. If they can actually get the offense grooving again and keep playing defense they could possibly put up a fight in the playoffs.
- While Shelden Williams fouled out in 16 minutes he had a couple of huge plays including a big rebound and forcing a jump ball with Dwight Howard.
- Jared Jeffries for some reason allowed Jason Richardson to shoot a basically uncontested three to tie the game at the end of regulation. I guess the defense Jared Jeffries provides does not include putting his hands up to contest important shots.
- One of the biggest plays of the game was a lucky foul call against Jason Richardson. Carmelo and Richardson were scrapping on the floor, Carmelo nudged Richardson to the floor while getting up and Richardson tripped Carmelo in retaliation. Luckily the ref only saw Richardson’s trip which nullified big Turk’s game tying three. YAY playing dirty and stupid retaliation!
- Shockingly no Magic player benefited from the Knicks Effect.