Martin joins us on the show today. We go over the last three games against the Detroit Pistons, Milwaukee Bucks, and Boston Celtics. We talk about the teams outlook for the playoffs and the next two years, D’Antoni’s coaching style, and what needs to be done for the Knicks to become a better team. We end the show by recapping our fantasy basketball league. Download Episode 49
Center Earl Barron became a free agent when he was not re-signed by Milwaukee yesterday, but Walsh said he would pass for now despite the Knicks’ center woes. According to a source, Walsh likes Barron, but doesn’t want to sign him because D’Antoni won’t play him over Jared Jeffries or Ronny Turiaf.
The only positive about this game was that the Knicks would have won if the game was only 3 quarters long. I am not even sure if the Knicks outplayed the Celtics for the first 3 quarters or if the Celtics had a bet going about how long they could toy with the Knicks before putting them away. Here are my tips for the Knicks going forward:
- On defense everyone gets a guy and you HAVE to stay with that guy unless there is a switch and then BOTH players must switch, NOT just one of the two players. And, when there is a switch at least one of those players should announce his plans to switch out loud.
- If your name is Amare (and sometimes Carmelo) and you are being covered by multiple players that means that MULTIPLE PLAYERS ON YOUR TEAM are open and you should probably try to find one of those open guys.
- When the other team shoots, no matter how pretty the shot is you can’t just stare at the ball, you HAVE to find a player on the other team and stand near him (even better if you can try and box him out).
- If Ronny Turiaf or Jarred Jeffries have the ball on offense within 15 feet of the basket and no one is covering them then they are required to shoot the ball even if they think shooting will result in an allergic reaction.
- The fans are no longer allowed to chant M-V-P at STAT until he plays defense for an entire game.
- When you are on offense and you pass the ball to a teammate PLEASE don’t then walk over to that teammate and bring your defender with you (I wish I was only talking to Amare).
- Every game a lucky fan should get to sit in Andy Rautins’ seat on the bench, wear his uniform and basically pretend to be Rautins. D’Antoni should not be told about this promotion and we will all wait to see how long it takes him to notice.
- Derek Brown should introduce himself to D’Antoni every game at half time.
We interview Charlie Yao from Roundball Mining Company. You know we have to talk about the Melo trade. It was nice to get another Knuggicks fan’s opinion on the trade. Charlie has a different opinion about the situation than Benjamin Hochman did last episode. We also get his opinion on the Knicks and how he thinks both teams outlooks are for the future and if my Knicks Effect theory will start to slow down at all. It’s pretty windy where Charlie is so the audio isn’t the best, but the interview is really good so it’s worth a listen. Download Episode 48
So, Derrick Brown is annoyed because he has not had very much playing time. Not a shocker that he is upset. I guess when he signed with the Knicks he did not think to ask whether he would actually play. I am just really frustrated with D’Antoni.
We interview Benjamin Hochman, Denver Nuggets writer for the Denver Post. As you can probably guess we talk about the big trade, Ben’s opinions on the Knuggicks new aquisitions and their outlook for the future.Download Episode 47
We go over the Knicks last two games against the juggernaut that is the Pacers. We ask the question “would you undo the trade if you could?”. Jay comes up with a new theory called the Knick Effect, and reveals his findings by quizzing Marc about the results. Download Episode 46