While D’Antoni is not the direct cause of Amare’s injury/back spasm, does he deserve some blame? Amare averaged almost 37 minutes a game this year which was 2 minutes over his career average. These extra minutes may have caused Amare to wear down faster and be more prone to injury. This is the danger of going with such a short rotation. It would have made a lot of sense for D’Antoni to reduce Amare’s minutes when Carmelo arrived but that clearly did not happen. The regular season is a grind but you want to be ready for the playoffs. The Knicks had a good idea for a while where they would end up in the playoffs but D’Antoni seemed overly concerned about finishing above .500, and those extra victories are not so helpful now that they are down 0-3 to the Celtics.
- @robinlundberg people are making a bigger deal out of this than steroids 4 hours ago
- @Virulent_Venom true, i liked most of the 90's actually 12 hours ago
- @Virulent_Venom just 95%? 12 hours ago
- Dwight Howard is 2 1/2 games away from demanding a trade. 12 hours ago
- @erichulen I'd love to see Portland bump Houston out right away. F Houston and F advanced stats. 12 hours ago
- 80,002 hits
- amare amare stoudemire Andrea Bargnani baron davis basketball bench blowout bucks bulls carmelo anthony celtics chris copeland chris paul defense denver nuggets download draft dwight howard fantasy fantasy basketball game recap game thread grades heat iman shumpert injury interview isiah thomas itunes james harden jason kidd jeremy lin jr smith kenyon martin knicks kobe bryant kurt thomas landry fields lebron james linsanity lockout marcus camby metta world peace miami heat mike bibby mike d'antoni mike woodson nba nets new new york knicks pablo prigioni player playoffs podcast power rankings predictions rasheed wallace raymond felton recap ronnie brewer roster roy hibbert rumor sarah palin shumpert spurs steve novak streak toney douglas trade tweet of the week twitter tyson chandler woodson