We talk about the Knicks most recent back to back to back. Jeremy Lin’s heroics. We answer some listener emails, twitter posts and facebook messages as well. Download Episode 102
We talk about the Houston, Detroit and Chicago games. Listener emails. Our new contest. We go over the free agents we are rumored to be trying to get and explain why it isn’t happening. We also talk about the rumor that D’Antoni might be fired before the Super Bowl. Download Episode 101
The season is 25% finished already. What have we learned?
- Chicago and Miami are by far the two best teams in the east, as expected. They should really start the eastern conference playoffs with the conference finals. The first two rounds are just going through the motions.
- Philly and Indiana are better than expected. One of those two will make it to the second round this year. These teams can actually get much better at the trade deadline as they are both in favorable cap situations with a lot of movable assets. That is something to keep an eye on, especially in Indiana’s case; they are a piece or two away from being a contender.
- Orlando should trade Dwight now. Two complete drubbings in the last two games, a thin bench and a disgruntled Dwight = a situation that is barely keeping it together right now, could totally implode any day, and has a ceiling of getting a beatdown in the second round of the playoffs. Dwight is leaving, time to face that reality and rebuild.
- Atlanta will do what they do every year; lose in the 2nd round. Moving on.
- Boston is starting to get it together, 4 wins in a row and 4 easy games this week. If they can be healthy come seasons end they will be a tough draw in the playoffs. Their really weak bench is suspect, however they totally won the Big Baby for Brandon Bass trade. Continue reading