Welcome back Amar’e! Glad to see you watched no tape on how to play defense while you were out.
With this loss the Knicks will now be playing the Heat or the Bulls in the first round instead of having a chance at playing the Pacers. Here’s some notes on the game:
- When Mike Bibby was your best player, and it’s not 2004-2006, you’re going to lose.
- Amar’e is (still) a complete liability on defense
- This is why an offense based on jacking up 3′s isn’t always a good idea
- Why look for Melo, he’s only been averaging 30 points a game for a month, instead….
- whoever gets the ball first just jack up a shot. No one needs to try to get the rebound either, that would use up energy that can be spent on contested 20-30 foot shots.
- I thought the Cavs were the team that was supposed to be tanking.