David Sterns team won the lottery! The Spurs are better than the Thunder. The Heat and the refs vs. the Celtics. Woodson is locked up as Knicks coach. Things to look forward to. Who is going to make the hall out of the 4 teams left and the Knicks. Download Episode 131
We talk about some rumors including Lamar Odom wanting to come to NY. We talk about how the Spurs are too good and some ways to even the playing field. We also come up with some ideas to make the end of the season more fun for bad teams. Download Episode 130
We give each player and coach season ending grades, make fun of the Heat and recap the 2nd round games. Download Episode 129
Robert Silverman (@BobSaietta) from Knickerblogger.net joins us to lament over what could have been. We cover everything from acient proverbs, to acting to some actual basketball talk. We talk about the coaching situation, the Knicks free agents and who should come back and answer a bunch of listener questions. And since it’s been a while we thought it would be fun to end the season with Two Heated Minutes. Download Episode 128
- I’m not sure if Jeremy Lin was able to play or not, but 85% sounds like he could have. Chandler played with the flu, Amar’e played with half his hand stapled together, Jeffries couldn’t even walk, Bibby died 3 years ago and you couldn’t play 10 minutes? It’s not like it would kill his market value, he can’t make more than 5M next year so one bad game wouldn’t have done anything.
- I hate that we had so many injuries but loved how much heart most (not you Lin) of the players showed even though we were terribly outmatched.
- Mike Woodson couldn’t try zone even once? Did we make any adjustments this series other than to cut Novaks minutes?
- Novak needs to learn to shoot off the screen.
- Fields….you look so good sometimes and then you lose the ball on a drive in the 4th to kill what small momentum we had. Throwing the ball in LeBrons face was fun to watch.
- Just Ridiculous Smith – I know he is a streaky shooter, but I didn’t know the streak went from mediocre to abysmal.
- Miami fans are the worst. We saw the shirts on the empty chairs. Also, learn ONE other chant other than LETS GO HEAT. I swear the only other chant I heard was MVP for LeBron, which they strangly chanted after a ball got thrown in his face.
- Has there every been a play where Battier on defense or Wade on offense didn’t end up on the floor? And have either of them ever not been shocked when a foul either wasn’t called on the other team or was called on them?
- Does Spoestra tell everyone on the team of flop constantly or did they come up with that idea during a players meeting?
- Can we officially say Amar’e has the worst contract in the NBA or does that one good playoff game negate a season of garbage?
- I really really miss the old team. I refuse to believe that if we never did the Melo trade, and signed Chandler we wouldn’t have finished as a 3rd seed this season.
- Lets go Pacers!
It is still balls to the wall. This will either be the last game of the season or the continuation of an amazing upset against the Heat. Everyone cross your fingers and repeat the following phrase three times “In Bibby We Trust”.
We interview Tommy Dee (@TommyDeeTKB) from The Knicks Blog. We talk about game 4 in detail, Amar’e stepping up, Just Ridiculous Smith, Baron Davis’ injury, Lin vs Nash, rooting against the Heat, the suspicious calls during the series, all time favorite Knicks, and some playoff predictions. Download Episode 127