If you read some of the preseason breakdowns of the Knicks the consensus was that this team was old and slow and that the Knicks made some rather baffling off-season moves. I think most people are still baffled because this old and slow squad is now 3-0 and winning games by an average of 20 points. This is the first time in team history that they have won the first 3 game of the season by double digits. Think how much better they would be if they went even older and slower.
Things could not be going better for the Knicks but no one outside of New York is going to give them credit. Here are the top 5 excuses to be given as to why the Knicks are just getting lucky (with sarcasm):
- Miami couldn’t bare to really play after the hurricane unlike the Knicks who are energized by tragedy.
- The Knicks were lucky enough to play without Amare who promises to single handedly subtract 12 points a night.
- Of course they beat Philly because they were missing Bynum who just never suffers injuries and Jason Richardson who is just at the peak of his career.
- Melo is only playing well because he still thinks this is the Olympics.
- The Knicks players all have extra energy because they did not have to run the marathon yesterday.
Here are my thoughts on tonight:
- I turned the game on when the Knicks were down 14-4. I am betting most Knicks fans are like me and thought the game was over at that point. The difference between this team and what we have all become used to is this team has realized your shooting is not always going to be on but your defense can always be on .
- Hey Ronnie Brewer, I will never mock your offensive skills again.
- Did this team really not miss a free throw tonight?
- I am going to go out on a limb and say that any night when 7 guys on the squad score in double figures the Knicks are going to be tough to beat.
- Did anyone see any similarity between the part of the game where JR Smith threw it down after Prigi’s steal/pass and when Bane broke Batman’s back in the latest Dark Knight movie? Philly should never have even gotten back on the court.
- Hey Philly, hopefully your next match up is against the Eerie BayHawks because that may be the only team you can beat.
- Hey Evan Turner, you should get to know Kwame Brown because he is you a few years from now.
- Hey Brooklyn, did you really blow a 19 point lead to the Timberwolves tonight? The is a one time offer to all Brooklyn fans to switch over to the Knicks without being ridiculed.