The New Orleans Hornets have some young and really good players including Eric Gordon and Anthony Davis. Those guys didn’t play tonight so the Hornets pretty much had no chance. To their credit, the Hornets kept it close for two quarters and it was kind of like when you played your older brother in basketball growing up. There were times when your older brother took it easy and you hit some shots but then he would realize the score was too close and lower the boom down on you. There was never a point tonight when you thought Hornets had a chance. The Knicks teams of the last few years would have blown a trap game like this or at least kept you on the edge of your seat way too long. This team does not do that. I love this team. Here are my thoughts:
- Do you think at half time Woodson told his team a win by less than 10 points is basically a loss?
- The Knicks are 8-1 despite playing the toughest schedule in the NBA. Enough said.
- The Knicks won by 22 tonight and the game didn’t even look that close for most of the second half.
- The Hornets scored 31 points in the 2nd quarter. They only scored 32 points the rest of the game.
- The Knicks only turned the ball over 10 times though the total would have been lower if not for Prigi turning the ball over 3 times himself in last 5 minutes. Was Prigi trying to make sure the Hornets covered the spread?
- Carmelo looked unstoppable, Felton was on fire and the team only needed 18 minutes from Chandler. Even better, they were all completely unneeded in the 4th quarter.
- James While only seems to play garbage time – which against the Hornets meant the end of the 3rd quarter and most of the 4th quarter – but he had a crazy awesome dunk with 5 minutes to go. The Hornets should have just walked off the court in defeat at that point.
- No one on the Knicks played more than 30 minutes so this team should be ready for tomorrow night against Dallas.