Michael (@delacmi1) scours twitter all week to find our Knicks player Tweet of the Week every Monday morning.
- I thought we were in for a long afternoon when Joey Crawford gave Mike Woodson a technical 90 seconds into the game. Some bad calls, but fortunately the Pacers can’t score so it didn’t matter.
- Speaking of Joey Crawford, I don’t think it’s a good thing when your max contract center runs like a 61 year old ref.
- It’s definitely not a good thing when he also scores 6 and 8 with 6 turnovers.
- It’s really really not a good thing when that isn’t far off from his season average.
- Carmelo attacked the rim all game, even though he was stopped most of the time. He also followed up his shots which resulted in a few offensive rebounds. I like the aggression.
- Raise your hand if you thought Rasheed would be playing 15-20 minutes a night. Keep your hand up if you thought that would be a good thing.
- Camby is still not in game shape. Far from it. He looks like he’s walking waste deep in oatmeal. Continue reading
Will the Knicks bounce back against the Pacers or will a billion articles be posted tomorrow about how the 6-0 start was a fluke? Comment as the game goes on.
We knew the Knicks had to lose eventually. At least the Knicks first loss was to the Grizzlies who are playing the best basketball in the league and now have the leagues best record as well.
Once again the energy was playoff atmosphere. The effort on both ends was unbelievable. Carmelo held his own for the most part guarding Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph and Rasheed Wallace looked like 2004 Rasheed.
Jerryd Bayless and JR Smith got into it late in the 2nd quarter and everything began to go downhill. Continue reading
This is probably the toughest test of the season so far as the quest to remain undefeated continues. Comment here as the game goes on.
John Henson from ABC’s Wipeout joins us today! The similarities between being a Clippers fan and Knicks fan, Woodson calling out players, pushing through off nights, STAT coming off the bench, cutting down the Nets, 5 Knicks questions and much more. Download Episode 154
I have to be completely honest. The Knicks were down by 12 in the 4th quarter and I wrote a whole write up about the game. I recounted what went wrong tonight and how if you are going to lose, it might as well be to the Spurs because they look damn good. I wrote about how Carmelo and JR barely showed up to the game. As I kept writing, Jason Kidd hit two straight three pointers. I eventually had to stop writing and watch the awesomeness. HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe the Knicks pulled this one out. The Knicks will not remain perfect but they came to play this season. This is going to be a fun season to be a Knicks fan. I don’t want to overreact but this is their best victory all season. Here are my thoughts:
- The 4th quarter is officially renamed “Hammer Time” because that is when the Knicks defense bring the hammer down.
- Hey Melo, you scored 9 points tonight which last season would have meant you barely contributed. This season’s Melo played great defense, took down 12 boards and figured out he could contribute even if he was not scoring.
- Ray Felton is officially nicknamed JW as in “Jeremy Who”. The Spurs challenged Felton to score especially on pick & rolls and Felton delivered when no one else could.
- Speaking of Jason Kidd, does it violate any league rules for him to drink from the fountain of youth?
- The Knicks as a team turned the ball over 7 times tonight. How is that even possible? Jeremy Lin used to turn the ball over 7 times in a half.
- JR Smith looked like he was off but when I looked at the box score he had 17 pts on 6-13 shooting. I guess he played better than I realized. 6th man of the year, yeah that could happen. And, I almost screamed when he hit that 3 at the end of the game…but stopped myself for fear of waking my wife and baby.
- I would have liked to see more Ronnie Brewer tonight but I assume his knee was hurting him. Hope his knee heels soon because Brewer has been way better than expected so far.
- I believe Woodson’s grave might say “In Rasheed we trust”. Never thought I would see so much Rasheed this early in the season but he played pretty well tonight for a retiree.
- Tonight was interesting because at times it seemed they were playing with “Refs call fouls mode” turned off.
- Here is the beginning of the write up I started when the Knicks were down by 12 and I assumed they would lose (kind of fun to read this now!!!) Continue reading
5-0 vs 7-1, let’s do this! Comment below as the game goes along.
It has been said that we are a little too pessimistic about the Knicks and that we complain a little too much. Well here are the top 10 complaints about the Knicks 5-0 start so far:
- Their record in the NBA may be 5-0 but against the point spread they are only 3-2.
- Anyone can win their games by double digits. How about winning by triple digits?
- Kurt Thomas, Marcus Camby or Rasheed Wallace are all playing like they are old. I expected more triple doubles from these guys.
- If Melo is playing so well then why doesn’t Woodson have him play all 48 minutes every night?
- They are playing well now but how well will they do when every player on the team suffers a debilitating injury. Continue reading
Jay Ferraro from The Nonsense Podcast and The Tebow Sports Show joins us today as we talk about the 5-0 Knicks. We also talk about the Lakers and Mike D’Antoni as coach, our new segment Cutting Down the Nets, players we expect to improve this season, fantasy basketball and much more. Download Episode 153