Lets put the Lin vs Felton debate to rests tonight. Comment as the game goes.
Marc and Jay recap the last few games, our new segment “where are they now”, questions from listeners, fantasy basketball, the upcoming schedule including the Knicks first time facing Jeremy Lin and much more. Download Episode 155
The New Orleans Hornets have some young and really good players including Eric Gordon and Anthony Davis. Those guys didn’t play tonight so the Hornets pretty much had no chance. To their credit, the Hornets kept it close for two quarters and it was kind of like when you played your older brother in basketball growing up. There were times when your older brother took it easy and you hit some shots but then he would realize the score was too close and lower the boom down on you. There was never a point tonight when you thought Hornets had a chance. The Knicks teams of the last few years would have blown a trap game like this or at least kept you on the edge of your seat way too long. This team does not do that. I love this team. Here are my thoughts:
- Do you think at half time Woodson told his team a win by less than 10 points is basically a loss?
- The Knicks are 8-1 despite playing the toughest schedule in the NBA. Enough said.
- The Knicks won by 22 tonight and the game didn’t even look that close for most of the second half.
- The Hornets scored 31 points in the 2nd quarter. They only scored 32 points the rest of the game. Continue reading
- I thought we were in for a long afternoon when Joey Crawford gave Mike Woodson a technical 90 seconds into the game. Some bad calls, but fortunately the Pacers can’t score so it didn’t matter.
- Speaking of Joey Crawford, I don’t think it’s a good thing when your max contract center runs like a 61 year old ref.
- It’s definitely not a good thing when he also scores 6 and 8 with 6 turnovers.
- It’s really really not a good thing when that isn’t far off from his season average.
- Carmelo attacked the rim all game, even though he was stopped most of the time. He also followed up his shots which resulted in a few offensive rebounds. I like the aggression.
- Raise your hand if you thought Rasheed would be playing 15-20 minutes a night. Keep your hand up if you thought that would be a good thing.
- Camby is still not in game shape. Far from it. He looks like he’s walking waste deep in oatmeal. Continue reading
Will the Knicks bounce back against the Pacers or will a billion articles be posted tomorrow about how the 6-0 start was a fluke? Comment as the game goes on.
We knew the Knicks had to lose eventually. At least the Knicks first loss was to the Grizzlies who are playing the best basketball in the league and now have the leagues best record as well.
Once again the energy was playoff atmosphere. The effort on both ends was unbelievable. Carmelo held his own for the most part guarding Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph and Rasheed Wallace looked like 2004 Rasheed.
Jerryd Bayless and JR Smith got into it late in the 2nd quarter and everything began to go downhill. Continue reading