20th win tonight? A winnable game tonight against a so so Bulls team. Comment below as the game goes on.
- I think our listener Niro put it best when he said “There were two games this season that just disgusted me. The Houston game and the Houston game.”
- I understand the Knicks were without Melo, Sheed, Shumpert, Amare and Camby, but they weren’t scheduled to be without Defense, good shooting, controlling the pace and taking care of the ball too.
- There is a lot of talk about Lin and Harden not being able to play together, but they combined for 394,402,134 points on 97% shooting tonight (approximately) so maybe we shouldn’t jump to conclusions.
- At least Chandler Parsons didn’t light the Knicks up again.
- Copeland got 9 quick points to start the 3rd quarter and for a second I thought the Knicks were going to make a comeback, but then the Knicks decided it would be a good idea to let Harden shoot open 3’s the rest of the night.
- I started this recap 5 minutes ago when the Knicks were down by 20 and they are now down by 27.
- JR, I love when you go to bed early and have a great shooting game the next day, but can you try and make that happen in a game where you’re good shooting would actually make a difference?
- I’m really glad the Knicks don’t have to play Houston again for at least 11 more months.
- 10-1 at home is still really darn good.
- Another positive is we can start to prepare for Copesanity. He had a career high 29 points on 11-19 shooting.
Jeremy Lin’s return to the Garden. This is the only team that has blown out the Knicks. Melo and Sheed are out and as usual Camby, STAT and Sump are out as well, oh and Felton has bone bruises in BOTH hands. That being said Houston is a sub-500 team and this is a very winnable game. Plus it’s at the Garden where the Knicks happen to be 10-0. Comment as the game goes on below.
Jim Cavan from Knickerblogger.net joins us today. We talk about the Knicks last three games, if the Knicks can keep this pace up, what day to day really means, a few trade scenarios involving the Knicks, Toronto and the Lakers, Shumperts hair, Feltons shooting and much much more. Download Episode 161
We had a hard time deciding the best tweet this week, but have a feeling JR Smith will be on here a lot so we went with a series of tweets involving James White and his new DVD player:
- Chris Copeland started instead of Carmelo Anthony. This is one of the few teams where the previous sentence still ends with a win.
- Three players on the Cavs were wearing face masks. What the hell is going on in Cleveland?
- Even when Kidd’s shot isn’t falling (which was pretty much only today) he’s doing so many other things on the court it’s really amazing to watch.
- Kyrie Irving had 41-5-5. Imagine what he’d do with a team of actual NBA players.
- What I learned from this game is that Luke Walton is still alive.
- The Knicks only had 10 players suited up for this game. They are 18-5 with 3-5 players injured every game. Will this team be downright deadly when everyone is back? Will everyone ever be back?
- After the run the Knicks went on in the 2nd quarter I never felt worried about this game, even when the Cavs made it a 1 point game in the final minute. That’s the kind of season the Knicks are having so far. I have complete confidence in their ability to not have a meltdown against a bad team.
- All that being said I REALLY REALLY hope Melo comes back for Mondays game.
The Knicks crushed D’Antoni’s dreams of having a victorious return to the Garden last night. The Knicks dominated the game until the closing minutes when they decided to let up and make things interesting. Though there were brief moments of concern Felton, JR and Chandler eventually said “not going to happen Lakers.” This was another fun one though we had a minor scare from Melo. Instead of sharing my thoughts on the game, here what the players/coaches were thinking last night:
- D’Antoni – “The system works…the system works…the system works. It’s the players fault. The system works…”
- Woodson – “These guys are definitely running laps tomorrow. A win by less than 10 is a loss in my book.”
- D.Howard – “I don’t want to make it awkward. I will just ask to be traded and that management fire D’Antoni and then I will get ready for the second half.”
- Kobe – “Do you think this season is somehow payback for Colorado?”
- Melo – “Wow, I am so on tonight. Take that D’Antoni. Nothing could go wrong tonight…” Continue reading