I’m starting this recap early and commenting as the game goes:
- Kurt is making the most out of his obligatory 5 minute starting role. 4 boards. Too bad we won’t see him again tonight.
- Sheed is getting cheers in Miami. I didn’t realize how loved he is, he gets cheered in every stadium.
- A lot of 3’s, most of them good looks.
- Took 9 minutes for the first shady call. JR Smith fouled LeBrons shoulder with his face.
- Another good defensive stand by JR, LeBron traveled…nope blocking foul on JR AND a tech. How has there been no investigation into Ed Malloy and Joey Crawford?
- 3.5 minutes into the 2nd and one basket by either team. NY is playing Prigs, Sheed, Novak, Kidd and White so that’s understandable, Miami still has Bosh out there.
- White and Prigioni coming up huge in the 2nd quarter.
- If you want to score on the Knicks just do a back door cut.
- Novak back to back buckets just when you get the feeling Miami might make a run. LeBron 3 and Felton 3 in the final 30 seconds, AND if there was .1 of a second more on the clock LeBron would have scored again. Great game so far.
- Felton and Kidd got on a 9-0 run to start the 3rd!
- An 11-0 run after a 9-0 run and 8 made 3’s by 5 different players.
- LeBron with a monster dunk. He looks super pissed out there. He’s also the only player on the Heat who isn’t sucking.
- Smith has been getting mauled all quarter. Foul on Smith.
- LeBron is about 2 uncontested layups away from going postal on his teammates.
- One of these years Rasheed is going to hit one of these 3’s.
- 3rd 9-0 run of the game, Knicks up by over 20.
- I heard Stern almost fined the Heat $250K tonight until he realized that Bosh and Wade actually played tonight.
Knicks are the number 1 seed after having beat the #2 seed twice this season by a total of 40 points!
Melo has 5 stitches and is a game time decision. Can the Knicks still beat the Heatles and keep their 1st place lead? Comment below as the game goes on.
The first full month of bball has just ended so lets take a look around the league and see what’s going on:
New York Knicks – 13-4 after playing one of the hardest schedules in the league. As expected they are banged up; Amare, Shumpert, Camby and Kidd are all out and Felton looks like he’s going to play with a bone bruise in his hand. This hasn’t stopped them from holding a 20 point lead in 8 out of their first 16 games. Tough D, Melo averaging the most points per 36 minutes and Chandler on pace for the all time highest FG% for a season have been huge reasons why the Knicks are on such a tear. By the end of the month everyone except Shumpert is supposed to be back so it will be interesting to see if that makes them better or provides chemistry issues. And hopefully Rasheed Wallace can stay on the court more than 90 seconds next game without getting ejected.
The Brooklyn Nets are right behind the Knicks in the standings, however they’ve played a much easier schedule. They did survive an attack by Rajon Rondo. Even though they have the worst crowd chant and the worst mascot it looks like they are going to be a good team.
Andrew Bynum hurt his knee (the supposedly good one) bowling. There is no timetable for his return. Is it possible to be a part of a three team trade where all 3 teams got worse?
Rondo was tied for the second longest double-digit assist streak in NBA history before he attacked Mr. Kardashian. His team is still reeling too. Avery Bradley can’t come back soon enough.
The Toronto Raptors are a very bad team. Kyle Lowry has been the one bright spot. Landry Fields has been terrible but something tells me he’s going to be just fine.
Fortunately for Chicago they are in the worst division in the NBA. It’s totally possible for them to steal a #4 seed without Derrick Rose and then have him healthy for a playoff run. Continue reading
To the Pelicans. That’s not a joke. Here’s a sneak peak at their new logo:
Thanks Leang and Evan!
I’m sure you’ve heard by now that Rasheed Wallace got ejected after yelling “Ball Don’t Lie” I wasn’t aware that this has been Rasheed’s catch phrase for a while so I did some research and found out what it means:
“Ball don’t lie” is said when a player misses one, two or all three of his free throws after a questionable (read as: bullshit) foul call is made by an official. The ball is, essentially, the unbiased judge who will not reward the player by going in if the apparent foul was indeed bullshit.
*Andrew Bogut locks arms with Rasheed Wallace and trips over his own feet, prompting a foul call from the referee
* Rasheed: That’s BULLSHIT, man!
*Andrew Bogut toes the line and proceeds to miss his first free throw
*Rasheed: BALL DON’T LIE!
*Bogut then attempts a second free throw and misses again
*Rasheed: BALL DON’T LIE, DAMNIT!
Looks like Steve Novak was made well aware of the NBA’s slowest fast break ever:
Michael (@delacmi1) scours twitter all week to find our Knicks player Tweet of the Week every Monday morning.