The Knicks lose two really ugly games against the Pacers and Bulls before coming back against the Hornets. We debate whether Shumpert coming back next game and Felton in a few weeks will be enough or if the Knicks need to make a cut in order to sign another big man. Also, Steve Novak is hilarious and punks Nate Robinson. Download Episode 167
The Knicks are on their longest losing streak of the season and Unibrow and company are on their longest winning streak of the season. Both of those things need to change right now. Comment below as the game goes on.
Marc and Jay talk about the Celtics game, Melos meltdown, Kevin Garnett, whether the Knicks should sign Kenyon Martin and who should be cut if that happens, health problems and much more. Download Episode 166
This story is getting old. No Melo, Felton, Shumpert, and Wallace and Camby left early with back spasms. Oh and Indy happens to let up the fewest points in the league. It was obvious points were going to be hard to come by but 34 points at the half?
- There was a flurry of bad calls at the end of the 2nd quarter. Who would have thought a game reffed by Heywoode Workman (A Pacer on the ’94 team that lost to the Knicks in 7 games in the conference finals) would result in some questionable calls.
- Let me be clear, that was NOT the reason the Knicks lost. 2 players scoring in double digits, one of them being JR who needed 29 shots to score 25 points was. Shooting 35% from the field and 20% from 3 is not going to win many games.
- Roy Hibbert went down with back spasms and Ian Mahinmi came in. This is when things went really bad for the Knicks as Ian then proceded to tear the Knicks a new one the entire 4th quarter. Ian Mahinmi – #Knickeffect
- Marcus Camby was said to have a sore foot. This is also the diagnosis they gave for Rasheed Wallace. He was last seen on the court 28 days ago and counting. Lets hope it’s not as serious as Wallaces “sore foot”.
- There really isn’t much to take away from this game. The Knicks were really short handed and no one was able to step up and score some points. The Pacers are a good home team too. Can’t get too mad, although the losses are starting to pile up now, 7 losses in the last 12 games.
- On the bright side Shumpert should be back in a little over a week which is really good since Brewer apparently wasn’t even able to give 10 minutes on a night when half the roster was out.
Melo is suspended tonight, JR was on twitter at 4am, this should be interesting. Comment below as the game goes on.
Why why why do the Celtics always do this to the Knicks. It’s almost like the big brother picking on his kid brother.
- The Celtics played a very physical game which seems to give the Knicks fits (see Memphis and Chicago games).
- Camby seems to have taken over Thomas’ role of starting the first 4 minutes of each half and never being seen again.
- Avery Bradley makes it so difficult for anyone to get anything going on offense. Prigioni was having trouble just making it past half court.
- For some reason the 2nd quarter consisted of JR playing point guard (and not passing) and Priggy taking long 3′s. This strategy did not work out very well.
- Sullinger is only a rookie but he’s really progressed very quickly in his ability to flop. He may be the first person this season to get a warning and a fine in the same game. Also, when Sullinger subbed in Clyde waited until his 2nd possession to make fun of his weight instead of immediately bringing up his chunkiness.
- I loved when Garnett and Melo were going back and forth and Melo hit a 3 and yelled “I’m coming back.”
- I didn’t love when Melo then missed his next 796 shots.
- I really didn’t love when Garnett then turned into Obi Wan Kenobi and mind controlled Melo, turning him into an f-bomb dropping rage monster that jacked up silly shots the rest of the game.
- Paul Pierce shoots somewhere between 99.7 and 100% in final minute daggers against the Knicks.
- These teams really do hate each other. It was reported that Melo went into the Celtics locker room after the game.