Written by William Lee
Carmelo Anthony last comment in a post-game interview with MSG Tina Cervasio “We got another game tomorrow, Shit”
after an overtime victory over Phoenix Monday night pretty much foreshadowed Tuesday night’s game. After narrowly escaping a gritty game with the Suns, the Knicks just looked tired on the second game of a back to back, flying to Charlotte right after Monday’s game, getting in at 3 A.M. New York was content with launching long range jumpers, and was just going through the motions for most of the game.
Charlotte went on a 19-5 run to end the first half, holding a 55-46 lead at intermission. Al Jefferson dominated New York with his post game, setting the tone early with 11 first quarter points. Jefferson made his presence felt throughout the game, finishing with the game with 35 points and 8 rebounds, helping the Bobcats snap the Knicks’ five game winning streak.
New York got as close as a four point deficit, going on a 12-7 bridging from the end of the third quarter to the beginning of the fourth quarter. All the points were scored by either Carmelo Anthony or Amare Stoudemire during the run. It was interesting to see that Carmelo Anthony had to play 38:25 minutes, continuing to shoulder the scoring load, as well as waste his energy bringing up the ball. Continue reading
If not for those 2 horrible losses to the Cavs this team plus Carmelo has been awesome. Tonight they crushed the Jazz. By midway into the third quarter Charlie Sheen had a better chance of being named father of the year than the Jazz had of winning.
- The only negative tonight was that Al Jefferson looked like a hall of famer tonight. He was unstoppable and obviously the Knicks need to figure out how to defend a big man like this. He did a great impression of JJ Hickson vs. Knicks.
- Jared Jeffries scored zero but he was a hero (I am a poet). He may have only had 6 rebounds but he did all the little things on D and looked great. I especially liked how he hustled and saved a couple of balls going out of bounds by throwing the ball off the jazz players.
- Watching Carmelo and Amare pass to each other and work the pick and roll made my nipples hard. If they can play unselfish and continue to look for one another they are going to be tough to contain. I also love the fact that Carmelo can take the ball up court on occasion taking some pressure off the pg and giving a different look to the offense.
- Toney Douglas’s message tonight was hey Chauncey, take your time recovering.
- Shelden Williams has 13 points, 6 assists and 5 rebounds…nope, not a misprint.
- Newly acquired Derek Brown played 12 minutes and had 3 great thrown downs, I wonder if this guy will get another shot to play any time soon.
- Andy Rautins actually looked decent in his five minutes, including hitting a nice jumper.
- Roger Mason has now played 50 minutes in the last two games. I would have predicted the overthrow of Egypt before I would have predicted this.