We talk about the Hawks and Magic games, Carmelo Anthony’s two milestones, the Rudy Gay trade, Reggie Evans big mouth, a ton of listener questions, Allen Iverson, Rajon Rondo, fantasy basketball, trade scenarios, Steve Novak and much more. Download Episode 171
- The lack of effort in this game by everyone not named Amare was disgusting.
- JR Smith final line, 0-8, 0 points, 4 turnovers, +/- of minus 16. Thanks for putting to rest the debate of whether you should have made the all-star team.
- Ed Malloy was the ref tonight, but he had no effect on the Knicks, this was all on them.
- Jrue Holiday had a career high. Knickeffect.
- Amare Stoudemire had 20 points on 8-13 shooting and some nice defensive plays. Too bad it was wasted on this shit show of a game.
- Philly starters outscored Knicks starters 89-40.
- This had better be a continuity issue that will resolve itself soon or else the Knicks have big problems as this is the healthiest they have been all year.
- What happened to the defense from the 1st month of the season? Wasn’t Shumpert coming back supposed to make the Knicks even more potent on defense?
- Ronnie Brewer looked great the 2.5 seconds he played tonight.
Robert Silverman from Knickerblogger.net joins us today. Amare comes back and it goes about as well as expected. What happened to the Knicks defense? Ronnie Brewer and Steve Novak aren’t playing like they did in November and early December. Is Felton more important than we realized? Trying to figure out why the Knicks don’t look like the same team they did only a month ago. Much more. Download Episode 164
Amare played for the first time this season and Ed Malloy (who was surprisingly less biased than usual tonight) was reffing so you knew there was no way the Knicks were winning tonight.
Another reason they lost is this shot chart that I put together:
- It was really fun having Amare back tonight; looks like he watched zero game tape during his time off as he still looks completely lost on D.
- Amare was also icing both knees after pre-game warmups. A sign of things to come.
- Don’t drink every time Amare gets burned on D because alcohol poisoning is bad for you.
- If an opposing player is within 10 feet of Novak he can’t hit a shot. Woodson should see how tightly teams are playing him and give his minutes to someone else if he can’t get a good look because he’s also been emulating Amare on D.
- I liked the few minutes Chandler and Camby played together.
- Melo is going to have chronic back problems from having to carry this team every night.
- Felton can’t come back soon enough.
- The Knicks look like they are back to being the team that is completely unpredictable from night to night. Are they going to play tough and hit shots or get completely blown out, who knows anymore?
- Kurt Thomas, 3 fouls in the first 4 minutes and doesn’t play the rest of the game. How come other players aren’t on as short of a leash as Kurt?
- HIT YOUR GOD DAMN FREE THROWS
- Intense D is what got the Knicks off to such a good start. What happened? Can’t blame tonight completely on Amare, plus they defense has looked like trash for a few games now.
Amare’s back. Nuff said. Comment below as the game goes on.
Lots to talk about tonight, 3 games, a big injury to Raymond Felton, JUST RIDICULOUS Smith, Camby back, Brewer fading, lineup changes, Nets firing their coach, Wade gets suspended and much much more Download Episode 163