Chris Copeland is officially a Knick. Lets face it with Amare out until who knows when, Camby still out, Rasheed never in and Chandler banged up it would have been insane for Chris not to make the roster. With Kurt Thomas and Tyson Chandler as our only bigs who will allegedly be healthy for game one it looks like we’ll get to see what Chris can do in games that matter early in the season. Hopefully this feel-good story continues once the season starts.
OK we all knew he wasn’t going to play 82 games, but after missing 3 out of 4 preseason games Amare is now out for 2-3 weeks with a ruptured popliteal cyst behind his left knee. Yes it’s the knee he had micro-fracture surgery on. It’s not serious, but he won’t be ready for the beginning of the season.
So will Woodson do what everyone hopes and move Melo to the 4 until Amare comes back or will we see Kurt Thomas and Chris Copeland man the 4? And how many more injuries before this officially becomes the worst contract in the NBA?
- Toronto for 3….Swish. Knicks for 3….Brick. Toronto for 3…Swish. Knicks for 3….Brick.
- Prigioni to STAT looks very promising.
- Kyle Lowry was acquired for a draft pick. Kyle Lowry is also excellent. If the Knicks ever saved a draft pick we could have gotten in on that.
- White and Copeland can play D.
- Amar’e still can’t.
- I’m really happy I drafted Bargnani
- When Melo is off no one picked up the scoring load. This could be a recurring problem throughout the season.
- Not that Toronto is going to be great, but there are zero BAD teams in the Atlantic division for the first time since I can remember.
- Someone other than Chandler needs to crash the boards.
It’s been reported that Ronnie Brewer is close to returning, and my in fact return to practice today. Amar’e is also supposed to return to the starting lineup for Fridays game against the Raptors. Knicks fans may actually get to see the starting lineup in action before the regular season starts. Should we be excited that the Knicks starting lineup may be in tact by Friday or depressed that having all of our starters play in the same game is exciting news?