I forgot to post the tweet of the week yesterday. This one comes from Melo, showing some good sportsmanship:
Michael (@delacmi1) scours twitter all week to find our Knicks player Tweet of the Week every Monday morning.
We talk about the Hawks and Magic games, Carmelo Anthony’s two milestones, the Rudy Gay trade, Reggie Evans big mouth, a ton of listener questions, Allen Iverson, Rajon Rondo, fantasy basketball, trade scenarios, Steve Novak and much more. Download Episode 171
The Rematch. Let’s do this. Comment below as the game goes on.
Why why why do the Celtics always do this to the Knicks. It’s almost like the big brother picking on his kid brother.
- The Celtics played a very physical game which seems to give the Knicks fits (see Memphis and Chicago games).
- Camby seems to have taken over Thomas’ role of starting the first 4 minutes of each half and never being seen again.
- Avery Bradley makes it so difficult for anyone to get anything going on offense. Prigioni was having trouble just making it past half court.
- For some reason the 2nd quarter consisted of JR playing point guard (and not passing) and Priggy taking long 3’s. This strategy did not work out very well.
- Sullinger is only a rookie but he’s really progressed very quickly in his ability to flop. He may be the first person this season to get a warning and a fine in the same game. Also, when Sullinger subbed in Clyde waited until his 2nd possession to make fun of his weight instead of immediately bringing up his chunkiness.
- I loved when Garnett and Melo were going back and forth and Melo hit a 3 and yelled “I’m coming back.”
- I didn’t love when Melo then missed his next 796 shots.
- I really didn’t love when Garnett then turned into Obi Wan Kenobi and mind controlled Melo, turning him into an f-bomb dropping rage monster that jacked up silly shots the rest of the game.
- Paul Pierce shoots somewhere between 99.7 and 100% in final minute daggers against the Knicks.
- These teams really do hate each other. It was reported that Melo went into the Celtics locker room after the game.
Well that was close. After starting the game down 14-2 to the lowly Magic the Knicks come back to beat Orlando.
- More Camby lobs please.
- Melo was in video game mode. Especially in the 4th where he had a stream of fire coming out the back of the ball during his shots.
- I didn’t know Charlie Day from It’s Always Sunny was on the Magic.
- Amare needs to call Hakeen and ask how to finish these moves without getting his shot blocked. It’s amazing how many of his shots get rejected. His defense didn’t look great either (surprise surprise). At least he hit all his free throws.
- I’m still waiting to hear that Brewer has been playing injured.
- Nelson got shut down in the 4th quarter, he was on pace for a Knick Effect tonight. Nicholson was too before he faded.
- Jason Kidd. 39 years old. 15-8-7. Amazing.
- It would be really nice if the Knicks could start games like they finish them. It would make life a lot less stressful for everyone involved.
- That’s about all I have to say about tonights game. Bring on Boston. Hopefully the Knicks can push them further below .500 on Monday.
Another happy episode. Recapping the Nets and Rockets games, what’s wrong with Deron Williams, getting ready for Amare to come back, the Knicks injury updates, is Kobe shooting too much, teams that have surprised us and much more Download Episode 162