The Knicks beat Detroit in London, but couldn’t topple the Nets at MSG. What is going right and wrong with the Knicks right now, we make up a trade proposal that is realistic and makes sense for both teams, a.k.a. Amare isn’t involved, and we give our thoughts on the other teams around the league. Download Episode 169
Shump is back and the Knicks are invading London! Comment below as the game goes on.
Tommy Dee from theKnicksBlog.com joins us today as we talk about Shumperts return, Felton nearing return and Wallace never returning. We also talk about what to do with the big man rotation, who to give minutes to, how to handle the Amare situation and much more. Download Episode 168
The Knicks lose two really ugly games against the Pacers and Bulls before coming back against the Hornets. We debate whether Shumpert coming back next game and Felton in a few weeks will be enough or if the Knicks need to make a cut in order to sign another big man. Also, Steve Novak is hilarious and punks Nate Robinson. Download Episode 167
The Knicks are on their longest losing streak of the season and Unibrow and company are on their longest winning streak of the season. Both of those things need to change right now. Comment below as the game goes on.
Marc and Jay talk about the positives and negatives from the last two games, their thoughts on Amares first 3 games back, MVP debate, listener questions including Knicks all time starting lineup, minutes for Prigioni, what’s wrong with Brewer and much more. Download Episode 165
The magic have almost as many players injured as the Knicks do and sucked to begin with. If the Knicks don’t make it two in a row tonight expect a very cynical podcast tomorrow. Comment below as the game goes. Please. I was arguing with myself last game.
OK so were we in the twilight zone tonight or on Tuesday night? THIS is the Knicks team everyone wants to see. Intense D, ball movement on offense and everyone getting involved. You know, the opposite of last game.
If I had to guess I’d say that Tuesday was the anomaly and tonight is going to be the norm, which by the way if you want to bet on NY Knicks you can do NBA betting (click here) at Top Bet. The Knicks still have 4 players out, but you can start to get a feel of how this team is going to look a month from now. Camby looked better than he has all season with 16 solid minutes, 6 boards and a number of blocked shots. If he’s going to be able to do that for 15-18 minutes on a nightly basic I’m fine with that and also fine with Kurt Thomas buried on the bench only to be used as insurance.
Amare was aggressive and was showing off the post moves he learned this summer. He got blocked about 17 times, but put a few in and drew a few fouls. The crazy part is he didn’t make me constantly scream at the TV about his defense. If he can play that level of defense every night (acceptable but not great) then this is going to be a dangerous team come playoff time.
Brewer his a few shots but he’s going to have to have a string of solid games for me not to cringe every time he shoots the ball. He’s the leading candidate to get buried on the bench if Shumpert resembles an NBA player when he comes back from injury. Continue reading
Robert Silverman from Knickerblogger.net joins us today. Amare comes back and it goes about as well as expected. What happened to the Knicks defense? Ronnie Brewer and Steve Novak aren’t playing like they did in November and early December. Is Felton more important than we realized? Trying to figure out why the Knicks don’t look like the same team they did only a month ago. Much more. Download Episode 164
Amare played for the first time this season and Ed Malloy (who was surprisingly less biased than usual tonight) was reffing so you knew there was no way the Knicks were winning tonight.
Another reason they lost is this shot chart that I put together:
- It was really fun having Amare back tonight; looks like he watched zero game tape during his time off as he still looks completely lost on D.
- Amare was also icing both knees after pre-game warmups. A sign of things to come.
- Don’t drink every time Amare gets burned on D because alcohol poisoning is bad for you.
- If an opposing player is within 10 feet of Novak he can’t hit a shot. Woodson should see how tightly teams are playing him and give his minutes to someone else if he can’t get a good look because he’s also been emulating Amare on D.
- I liked the few minutes Chandler and Camby played together.
- Melo is going to have chronic back problems from having to carry this team every night.
- Felton can’t come back soon enough.
- The Knicks look like they are back to being the team that is completely unpredictable from night to night. Are they going to play tough and hit shots or get completely blown out, who knows anymore?
- Kurt Thomas, 3 fouls in the first 4 minutes and doesn’t play the rest of the game. How come other players aren’t on as short of a leash as Kurt?
- HIT YOUR GOD DAMN FREE THROWS
- Intense D is what got the Knicks off to such a good start. What happened? Can’t blame tonight completely on Amare, plus they defense has looked like trash for a few games now.