Marc and Jay are joined by Mike Woodson and Derek Fisher to talk about the last 4 games, coaching, how to properly answer questions, sleeping with players wives, and much more
Marc and Jay talk about 4 games, get lots of calls from the likes of lance thomas, derrick rose and more, we talk about coaching, rotations, the backcourt, and much more, enjoy!
Marc and Jay talk about the conference semifinals, talk to Melo about his brand building, talk to the head of Insider about their upcoming articles, talk to Derrick Rose about his game winning shot and answer lots of questions
Marc and Jay talk about Phil Jacksons comments about trading the draft pick and Derek Fisher getting ejected more often, the last few games, the draft, tanking, checking in with Derrick Rose, and much more
Marc and Jay talk about the rumor Phil Jackson is seeing what he can get for draft picks, Derrick Rose, steroids, the draft, crazy trades, cheap owners, and more
Written by Nicholas McGowan
The New York Knicks continue to explore their options when looking to upgrade the current roster. The laughable trade proposal for Kevin love had no shot of being accepted but it at least shows us that Phil Jackson is still looking to make improvements. There is certainly room for improvement as we inch closer to the start of the season. In particular there are two restricted free agents that would make a whole lot of sense on the Knicks roster. The first of these free agents is the disgruntled power forward/center Greg Monroe. Monroe averaged 15.2 points, 9.3 rebounds, shot 65% from the free throw line, shot just under 50%, and averaged around 1 steal and .6 blocks a game. Monroe has expressed his interest in leaving a crowed Detroit frontline that includes young and talented center Andre Drummond and the highly paid and overrated Josh Smith who apparently has the full support of Stan van Gundy. The other restricted free agent is point guard Eric Bledsoe of the Phoenix Suns. Bledsoe really came into his own last year as he made the jump from role player to starter. Despite only playing in 43 games due to an injury Bledsoe looked like a polished starter as he averaged 17.7 points, 5.5 assists, 4.7 rebounds, 1.6 steals, and shot a respectable 35.7% from three. Bledsoe is certainly a better option than any of our current point guards. He doesn’t have the three point shooting or knowledge that Jose Calderon possess but he has defense agility needed to stay with John Wall, Kyrie Irving, Derrick Rose, and the other point guards of the East. The Knicks will have to give up quite the package to acquire Bledsoe seeing that the Suns have said they will match any offer. Monroe on the other hand should be easier to obtain. Let’s take a look at what it cost the Knicks and how Monroe and Bledsoe would fit into New York’s system. Continue reading
The Knicks lost again and Marc and Jay try to cope. We are joined by a basketball god, Derrick Rose and Chris Smith. Talking about the usual, coaching, injuries, fixes, trades, whether it’s time to panic, and much more
I was going to take a look around the league at the halfway mark. Then I figured since the trade deadline was so close I’d wait because that would change everything. Little did I know I could have written 95% of it and added a little blurb about JJ Redick afterwards since he was by far the biggest name that got moved. Anyway here’s how each team is looking with about 25 games left in the season.
Miami Heat – Miami was only a few games ahead of the pack for the first half of the season. Now it looks like they are going to run away with the #1 seed as everyone expected. It helps that LeBron had a ridiculous streak of 6 straight games of scoring over 30 points while shooting over 60%. That streak ended with him scoring 39 points but only shooting 58%. What a slacker. Ray Allen and Udonis Haslem haven’t even been playing well so this team has the potential to get even better down the stretch. They get outrebounded often but at 39-14 and 5 ½ games ahead of Indiana I don’t think that’s a huge concern.
Indiana Pacers – Paul George stepped up in Danny Granger’s absence. Granger came back a game ago to further improve the 2nd place Pacers. The only concern is their max contract center, Roy Hibbert, who is averaging 10 and 8. Their last four wins have come at an average of 27 points a game which is impressive since they are one of the lowest scoring teams in the NBA.
New York Knicks – It looks like the Knicks trolled their fans with fast, crisp ball movement, excellent 3-point shooting, unselfish play, lockdown defense and an 18-5 start. The last 33 games they are 17 and 16 since, can’t defend any guard in the league, play iso-ball and forgot how to shoot. Continue reading
This game made me so angry, sad, happy, grumpy, ecstatic, nervous, depressed, elated, worried and furious.
- Since the Knicks were playing the Kings it seems like they decided to try and win with only Chandler and Copeland trying in the 1st half.
- Derrick Rose is apparently healthy. He wore an Isiah Thomas jersey in the first quarter of this game and an Aaron Brooks jersey in the 2nd quarter.
- The first quarter of this game was the most disgusting thing I watched all day. And I watched Human Centipede 2 today.
- I threw up in my mouth during the Fredette coast to coast layup.
- Two minutes later I threw up again during Copelands coast to coast layup that got blocked. All 2 1/2 minutes it took him to get there. Why a layup?
- James Johnson. Season high. Knick Effect.
- Who has more confidence when they shoot, JR Smith or Chris Copeland?
- Since Dec 11th Ronnie Brewer has missed 14 straight 3-pointers, has 5 zero-point games and another 3 2-point games. Shumpert needs to come back ASAP.
- James White got the start, picked up 2 fouls in the first minute and was benched until the middle of the 2nd quarter. Thanks for the contribution!
- The Knicks were down by 27 in the middle of the 2nd quarter to the Kings. 27!
- In the 3rd quarter the Kings remembered they were thing Kings and let the Knicks pull to within 6.
- Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws.
- Phantom foul on Kidd, Thomas hits both because unlike the Knicks the Kings can hit their free throws. (at one point in the 1st quarter the Knicks (Chandler) were 0-4 and the Kings were 10-10) That was the first bad call I’ve seen all night, not bad. And the Knicks are still up so all is good.
- The Knicks pull off the impossible, come back from the largest deficit in Knicks history and are up by 2 at the buzzer.
- Oh wait, not quite at the buzzer, Kings hit a buzzer beater to ruin Knicks fans day 1/2 hour into it. That one hurt.
Post your comments here for tonights game. My first comment is, why is this game on so late? Hopefully it’s an exciting game, if not I’ll be posting with you until I pass out.
To avoid spam I have the site set to approve the first post from all new posters, but once you’re approved you can post as much as you want without waiting.