We got two today, the first one is from Raymond Felton, commenting on Jason Kidd’s coaching status:
And the second is from none other than JR Smith. He either means he’s not drinking alcohol or he’s trying a diet that isn’t really a diet but more of a way to become malnourished.
Michael (@delacmi1) scours twitter all week to find our Knicks player Tweet of the Week every Monday morning.
It was an ugly game but I’ll take it. A few thoughts from what is hopefully the Knicks last game without Raymond Felton:
- This game was so inconstant, Melo was terrible in the first half and unstoppable in the 2nd, Amare was the exact opposite, and JR was terrible for the first 45 1/2 and great for the last 2 1/2.
- Even though the Knicks won, they only had 12 assist for the game. I REALLY REALLY hope Felton is back for Saturdays game and never gets injured ever again.
- I was really excited about how Amare looked in the first half, he had 6 points, 6 rebounds and 2 blocks in his first 10 minutes. Then in the 4th quarter it was everything we were complaining about. On back to back plays he stood right behind Chandler while he set a pick and then rolled to the basket right behind Chandler. Did he not see him or does he think 2 is better than one? On the next play he set a pick for Kidd, Kidd didn’t take the pick and passed the ball, but Amare still stood there for the pick until Kidd explained to him that he no longer had the ball and therefore didn’t need a pick.
- I learned from Marv Albert today that Boston pumps in crowd noises. It doesn’t get much lamer than that.
- If you’re a Boston fan how mad are you at Jason Terry? He’s in the conversation for 6th man of the year for about 10 straight years and then takes a dump all over the Boston bench all season.
- James White played 13 minutes tonight and didn’t play bad, but that meant zero minutes for Copeland, not sure how I feel about that.
- In the 1st half the Knicks went with a zone defense when Amare came in. This seemed to work fairly well. Maybe this is more suited to his….abilities.
- Hey Boston, how do my Cheerios taste?
The Knicks beat Detroit in London, but couldn’t topple the Nets at MSG. What is going right and wrong with the Knicks right now, we make up a trade proposal that is realistic and makes sense for both teams, a.k.a. Amare isn’t involved, and we give our thoughts on the other teams around the league. Download Episode 169
Well that was close. After starting the game down 14-2 to the lowly Magic the Knicks come back to beat Orlando.
- More Camby lobs please.
- Melo was in video game mode. Especially in the 4th where he had a stream of fire coming out the back of the ball during his shots.
- I didn’t know Charlie Day from It’s Always Sunny was on the Magic.
- Amare needs to call Hakeen and ask how to finish these moves without getting his shot blocked. It’s amazing how many of his shots get rejected. His defense didn’t look great either (surprise surprise). At least he hit all his free throws.
- I’m still waiting to hear that Brewer has been playing injured.
- Nelson got shut down in the 4th quarter, he was on pace for a Knick Effect tonight. Nicholson was too before he faded.
- Jason Kidd. 39 years old. 15-8-7. Amazing.
- It would be really nice if the Knicks could start games like they finish them. It would make life a lot less stressful for everyone involved.
- That’s about all I have to say about tonights game. Bring on Boston. Hopefully the Knicks can push them further below .500 on Monday.
This game made me so angry, sad, happy, grumpy, ecstatic, nervous, depressed, elated, worried and furious.
- Since the Knicks were playing the Kings it seems like they decided to try and win with only Chandler and Copeland trying in the 1st half.
- Derrick Rose is apparently healthy. He wore an Isiah Thomas jersey in the first quarter of this game and an Aaron Brooks jersey in the 2nd quarter.
- The first quarter of this game was the most disgusting thing I watched all day. And I watched Human Centipede 2 today.
- I threw up in my mouth during the Fredette coast to coast layup.
- Two minutes later I threw up again during Copelands coast to coast layup that got blocked. All 2 1/2 minutes it took him to get there. Why a layup?
- James Johnson. Season high. Knick Effect.
- Who has more confidence when they shoot, JR Smith or Chris Copeland?
- Since Dec 11th Ronnie Brewer has missed 14 straight 3-pointers, has 5 zero-point games and another 3 2-point games. Shumpert needs to come back ASAP.
- James White got the start, picked up 2 fouls in the first minute and was benched until the middle of the 2nd quarter. Thanks for the contribution!
- The Knicks were down by 27 in the middle of the 2nd quarter to the Kings. 27!
- In the 3rd quarter the Kings remembered they were thing Kings and let the Knicks pull to within 6.
- Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws. Tyson hit your free throws.
- Phantom foul on Kidd, Thomas hits both because unlike the Knicks the Kings can hit their free throws. (at one point in the 1st quarter the Knicks (Chandler) were 0-4 and the Kings were 10-10) That was the first bad call I’ve seen all night, not bad. And the Knicks are still up so all is good.
- The Knicks pull off the impossible, come back from the largest deficit in Knicks history and are up by 2 at the buzzer.
- Oh wait, not quite at the buzzer, Kings hit a buzzer beater to ruin Knicks fans day 1/2 hour into it. That one hurt.
Everyone on the Knicks is injured. Lets hope this is a blowout so Prigs can play a lot of minutes and save some wear and tear on Kidd, since he’s going to be playing a ton of minutes in January. Other things to look for are Camby continuing to progress, Brewer getting out of his terrible slump (26% from the field and 6% from 3 point land this month). Comment below as the game progresses.