Marc and Jay talk about the last two games, more JR drama, Woodsons punishment techniques, upcomng games, trade rumors, and much more
|Four games and four wins this week making it the best week since I started this rankings. Unlike most weeks, I might even be able to avoid making myself furious by the end of this weeks rankings:|
|Rank||Player||Comments||Last weeks Rank|
|1||Anthony, Carmelo||Melo started the week off on fire. His last two games he hasn’t shot particularly well but it’s probably harder to shoot when there is no consistent 2nd scoring option and opponents can double you on every possession. Melo has also been rebounding and even assisting at a decent clip. This weeks clear #1.||3|
|2||Shumpert, Iman||While Shumpert didn’t shoot well this week, he seems to have found his groove defensively again, putting up the best +/- on the team with a total +46 in 4 games. He’s also averaged about 8 rebounds per game which is a nice bonus.||1|
|3||Martin, Kenyon||It won’t show up as much in the box scores but Kenyon has been huge for the Knicks. He’s had more than a few timely putbacks and has been an underrated passes as well.||6|
|4||Bargnani, Andrea||it’s feast for famine with Bargnani. He looked so good against Detroit and Miami and so bad against Philly. At least it looks like Woodson has learned to play Bargs more when he’s hot and much less when he’s not. Kinda like what should have been done with JR for the last 2 seasons.||7|
|5||Stoudemire, Amar’e||While Amare had a poor outing in Detroit, he was huge in the Miami and Philly games. He looks like he’s getting his confidence back and even got to show off some of those new post moves we’ve been hearing about. Amare has already played more games than last season. I’m not sure if anyone really truely expects him to stay healthy through the rest of the season and the playoffs but if he can it’ll give the bench a much needed scoring punch.||Continue reading|
Marc and Jay talk about the last three game, a rare episode where we only cover wins, shoelaces, reenactments of Woodsons press conference and a JR interview, trade scenarios, stats guy and much more
The Knicks are looking into trading JR Smith. Considering he’s played like crap for pretty much the entire season, had an offseason knee surgery, got suspended for repeated drug violations as well as fined for repeated unsportsmanlike conduct (shoelacegate parts 1 and 2) the market for JR is at an all time low. Remember, when the market for JR was at an all time high after he got the 6th man of the year award the Knicks were still the only team to make an offer. That being said I’m going to attempt to propose a few trade scenarios that would kinda sorta make sense for the other team (obviously any trade getting rid of JR makes sense for the Knicks).
Why the Bucks do it: The Bucks really want to get rid of Neal and Delfino hasn’t been healthy in 4 years. The Bucks save about 1M a year after this year and in theory replace Neals 3 point shooting.
Why the Knicks do it: They get rid of JR Smith
Scenario #2 Continue reading
|I just thought of doing this so there is no week 1 and two. This is based on how the player has played over the previous week(s), not on total talent.|
|Rank||Player||Comments||Last weeks Rank|
|1||World Peace, Metta||Ron Artest (I’m not calling him Metta) has been the Knicks best bench player. A few dumb hacktastic fouls aside he’s been the least aggravating Knicks to watch over the first two weeks.||–|
|2||Anthony, Carmelo||Melo has been shooting like crap all season but it’s easy for opposing teams to gang up on him when there are no other scoring threats and Melo probably wouldn’t pass if there were.||–|
|3||Bargnani, Andrea||Bargs offense has come alive the last two games. I have absolutely no expectations of him rebounding or playing defense so this is as good as it gets.||–|
|4||Prigioni, Pablo||Pablo has been defending and shooting well in fairly limited minutes. Two things Felton has not done well at all so far.||–|
|5||Hardaway Jr., Tim||It’s not so much that THJ has been good it’s that everyone else has been so bad. Continue reading|
- Welcome back from weed suspension JR. Oh how we missed all your wild shots, terrible shooting percentage and unforced turnovers.
- Hey Woodson, until Chandler gets back Aldrich is the only real center on the team and can actually rebound, make sure you keep playing him less than 10 minutes a game.
- Amare didn’t have any turnovers this game. I guess he was too busy missing shots and fouling players instead.
- Nice rebound Bargnani. I don’t have to be more specific as that was the only one for the whole game.
- Hey Metta, hacking at peoples arms does not qualify as good defense.
- I jokingly told my girlfriend that I would go shopping with her if the Knicks went down by 30. My ass just got back from clothes shopping. Thanks a lot.
Jay’s 2013 Eastern Conference Preview
The Riggin’ For Wiggins Bracket
15. Philadelphia 76’ers – How excited are you if you’re a Philly fan that your team gutted its roster for a 25% chance at getting supposed first pick in next year’s NBA draft, Andrew Wiggins. Highlights of the season will be game 1 when Allen Iverson will have his retirement ceremony (remember he retired, it clearly was not that he couldn’t find a job) and the last few weeks of the season when they could be serious challengers for worst record of all time.
14. Charlotte Bobcats – The soon to be Hornets have had 8 top 10 draft picks in 9 years and have never drafted an all-star. Every year their strategy seems to be ‘tank and get a high draft pick’ yet they suck at drafting. Well congrats Charlotte, the acquisition of Al Jefferson will probably boost your record just enough so that you won’t get the number one pick, guaranteeing you’ll screw up whatever pick you do get.
The We Suck But Not As Hard As The Last Bracket Bracket
13. Toronto Raptors – After trying to give away Andrea Bargnani last season, the Raptors managed to get two players who are even less effective in Tyler Hansbrough and Steve Novak. At least they have a bunch of inefficient ball stoppers. Continue reading
Jr’s suspension, King vs Anthony, this Knicks team vs the ’73 team, A and B squads, listener questions and more