|I just thought of doing this so there is no week 1 and two. This is based on how the player has played over the previous week(s), not on total talent.|
|Rank||Player||Comments||Last weeks Rank|
|1||World Peace, Metta||Ron Artest (I’m not calling him Metta) has been the Knicks best bench player. A few dumb hacktastic fouls aside he’s been the least aggravating Knicks to watch over the first two weeks.||-|
|2||Anthony, Carmelo||Melo has been shooting like crap all season but it’s easy for opposing teams to gang up on him when there are no other scoring threats and Melo probably wouldn’t pass if there were.||-|
|3||Bargnani, Andrea||Bargs offense has come alive the last two games. I have absolutely no expectations of him rebounding or playing defense so this is as good as it gets.||-|
|4||Prigioni, Pablo||Pablo has been defending and shooting well in fairly limited minutes. Two things Felton has not done well at all so far.||-|
|5||Hardaway Jr., Tim||It’s not so much that THJ has been good it’s that everyone else has been so bad. Continue reading|
- Welcome back from weed suspension JR. Oh how we missed all your wild shots, terrible shooting percentage and unforced turnovers.
- Hey Woodson, until Chandler gets back Aldrich is the only real center on the team and can actually rebound, make sure you keep playing him less than 10 minutes a game.
- Amare didn’t have any turnovers this game. I guess he was too busy missing shots and fouling players instead.
- Nice rebound Bargnani. I don’t have to be more specific as that was the only one for the whole game.
- Hey Metta, hacking at peoples arms does not qualify as good defense.
- I jokingly told my girlfriend that I would go shopping with her if the Knicks went down by 30. My ass just got back from clothes shopping. Thanks a lot.
Jay’s 2013 Eastern Conference Preview
The Riggin’ For Wiggins Bracket
15. Philadelphia 76’ers – How excited are you if you’re a Philly fan that your team gutted its roster for a 25% chance at getting supposed first pick in next year’s NBA draft, Andrew Wiggins. Highlights of the season will be game 1 when Allen Iverson will have his retirement ceremony (remember he retired, it clearly was not that he couldn’t find a job) and the last few weeks of the season when they could be serious challengers for worst record of all time.
14. Charlotte Bobcats – The soon to be Hornets have had 8 top 10 draft picks in 9 years and have never drafted an all-star. Every year their strategy seems to be ‘tank and get a high draft pick’ yet they suck at drafting. Well congrats Charlotte, the acquisition of Al Jefferson will probably boost your record just enough so that you won’t get the number one pick, guaranteeing you’ll screw up whatever pick you do get.
The We Suck But Not As Hard As The Last Bracket Bracket
13. Toronto Raptors – After trying to give away Andrea Bargnani last season, the Raptors managed to get two players who are even less effective in Tyler Hansbrough and Steve Novak. At least they have a bunch of inefficient ball stoppers. Continue reading
Optimism, defined as:
“A tendency to expect the best possible outcome or dwell on the most hopeful aspects of a situation”
Of course this word has strayed from the dictionary of Knicks fans in recent years, but you can’t deny the last three years have offered more cause for optimism than any other in the post-Ewing era. I suppose to a certain extent then we should feel lucky that what was a consistently sinking ship of a team year upon year under the direction of Isiah Thomas has now turned into what is expected of a New York franchise; big players, big results, and most importantly of all, big ambitions. Furthermore, you’d be forgiven for thinking that the last two years of the Melo trade have been disappointing given the reasonably swift post-season exits, because when it’s all said and done, there has been improvement. In 2011-12 the Knicks achieved a .545 regular season win percentage, and in 2012-13 a .659 win percentage; the improvement is clear to see, losing in five games to the current NBA champions Miami Heat is hardly an embarrassment, and even losing to the Pacers in the conference semi’s is understandable given Roy Hibbert’s inexplicably high level of play against a banged up Tyson Chandler and a makeshift center in Kenyon Martin.
he point I am trying to make, is that this year, more than any other year, we have reason to be optimistic about the Knicks. Continue reading
Jr’s suspension, King vs Anthony, this Knicks team vs the ’73 team, A and B squads, listener questions and more
It’s happening earlier than I thought but we’re already at the point where JR and Metta are dueling for who has the crazier twitter account:
Michael (@delacmi1) scours twitter all week to find our Knicks player Tweet of the Week every Monday morning.
The Knicks sign Beno Udrih, Interview with Derrick Rose, Iverson retires, JR drives a tank and LeBron rides in a poice car, listener questions