Lots to talk about tonight, 3 games, a big injury to Raymond Felton, JUST RIDICULOUS Smith, Camby back, Brewer fading, lineup changes, Nets firing their coach, Wade gets suspended and much much more Download Episode 163
- I think our listener Niro put it best when he said “There were two games this season that just disgusted me. The Houston game and the Houston game.”
- I understand the Knicks were without Melo, Sheed, Shumpert, Amare and Camby, but they weren’t scheduled to be without Defense, good shooting, controlling the pace and taking care of the ball too.
- There is a lot of talk about Lin and Harden not being able to play together, but they combined for 394,402,134 points on 97% shooting tonight (approximately) so maybe we shouldn’t jump to conclusions.
- At least Chandler Parsons didn’t light the Knicks up again.
- Copeland got 9 quick points to start the 3rd quarter and for a second I thought the Knicks were going to make a comeback, but then the Knicks decided it would be a good idea to let Harden shoot open 3’s the rest of the night.
- I started this recap 5 minutes ago when the Knicks were down by 20 and they are now down by 27.
- JR, I love when you go to bed early and have a great shooting game the next day, but can you try and make that happen in a game where you’re good shooting would actually make a difference?
- I’m really glad the Knicks don’t have to play Houston again for at least 11 more months.
- 10-1 at home is still really darn good.
- Another positive is we can start to prepare for Copesanity. He had a career high 29 points on 11-19 shooting.
I’m starting this recap early and commenting as the game goes:
- Kurt is making the most out of his obligatory 5 minute starting role. 4 boards. Too bad we won’t see him again tonight.
- Sheed is getting cheers in Miami. I didn’t realize how loved he is, he gets cheered in every stadium.
- A lot of 3’s, most of them good looks.
- Took 9 minutes for the first shady call. JR Smith fouled LeBrons shoulder with his face.
- Another good defensive stand by JR, LeBron traveled…nope blocking foul on JR AND a tech. How has there been no investigation into Ed Malloy and Joey Crawford?
- 3.5 minutes into the 2nd and one basket by either team. NY is playing Prigs, Sheed, Novak, Kidd and White so that’s understandable, Miami still has Bosh out there.
- White and Prigioni coming up huge in the 2nd quarter.
- If you want to score on the Knicks just do a back door cut.
- Novak back to back buckets just when you get the feeling Miami might make a run. LeBron 3 and Felton 3 in the final 30 seconds, AND if there was .1 of a second more on the clock LeBron would have scored again. Great game so far.
- Felton and Kidd got on a 9-0 run to start the 3rd!
- An 11-0 run after a 9-0 run and 8 made 3’s by 5 different players.
- LeBron with a monster dunk. He looks super pissed out there. He’s also the only player on the Heat who isn’t sucking.
- Smith has been getting mauled all quarter. Foul on Smith.
- LeBron is about 2 uncontested layups away from going postal on his teammates.
- One of these years Rasheed is going to hit one of these 3’s.
- 3rd 9-0 run of the game, Knicks up by over 20.
- I heard Stern almost fined the Heat $250K tonight until he realized that Bosh and Wade actually played tonight.
Knicks are the number 1 seed after having beat the #2 seed twice this season by a total of 40 points!
Michael Pichan from the Fantasy Nomad Show & 2 Guys & a Friggin Football joins us today to help Jay and Marc make a blockbuster fantasy basketball trade and talk fantasy hoops. Jay and Marc also recap the last two Knicks games against the Wizards and Suns, debate if the Knicks should cut somone to sign Kenyan Martin and notice a trend between late night tweets and Just Ridiculous’s performances. Download Episode 158
The Knicks played retro ball tonight and by retro ball I mean they played like it was last season. They played all iso ball all the time. There were times I thought Melo was going to break out a cape he was playing so much hero ball. This loss may be their worst all season. It is not because it was against the Nets. This one can’t be blamed on bad refs or too much travel. The Knicks didn’t catch a crazy performance from a Chandler Parsons type tonight. The defense was all right but they were ugly on offense throughout. It was every man for themselves on offense with the exception of Tyson Chandler who cleaned up and had a monster game on offense, keeping this team in the game. This loss kills me because we should not be about to enter December with this team reverting to all their bad habits. Let’s hope the real reason they lost was because Jason Kidd was out. Here are my thoughts:
- Did JR Smith wear Felton’s number tonight because that is the only explanation for Felton’s 3-19 performance?
- Did Rasheed re-retire before tonight’s game and not tell anyone? How does a guy who should only be shooting from inside the paint go 2-11?
- Hey Melo, STOP TRYING TO DO EVERYTHING BY YOURSELF!!! You have teammates and unless you trust them you are never going to win.
- Chandler was 12-13 from the field with 28 points, all of which seemed to be off of teammates misses. Does anyone want to run some pick and rolls for this guy? Chandler could have scored 40 tonight if the Knicks made any effort to get him involved in the offense. Continue reading
The New Orleans Hornets have some young and really good players including Eric Gordon and Anthony Davis. Those guys didn’t play tonight so the Hornets pretty much had no chance. To their credit, the Hornets kept it close for two quarters and it was kind of like when you played your older brother in basketball growing up. There were times when your older brother took it easy and you hit some shots but then he would realize the score was too close and lower the boom down on you. There was never a point tonight when you thought Hornets had a chance. The Knicks teams of the last few years would have blown a trap game like this or at least kept you on the edge of your seat way too long. This team does not do that. I love this team. Here are my thoughts:
- Do you think at half time Woodson told his team a win by less than 10 points is basically a loss?
- The Knicks are 8-1 despite playing the toughest schedule in the NBA. Enough said.
- The Knicks won by 22 tonight and the game didn’t even look that close for most of the second half.
- The Hornets scored 31 points in the 2nd quarter. They only scored 32 points the rest of the game. Continue reading
We knew the Knicks had to lose eventually. At least the Knicks first loss was to the Grizzlies who are playing the best basketball in the league and now have the leagues best record as well.
Once again the energy was playoff atmosphere. The effort on both ends was unbelievable. Carmelo held his own for the most part guarding Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph and Rasheed Wallace looked like 2004 Rasheed.
Jerryd Bayless and JR Smith got into it late in the 2nd quarter and everything began to go downhill. Continue reading
This is probably the toughest test of the season so far as the quest to remain undefeated continues. Comment here as the game goes on.