Lots to talk about tonight, 3 games, a big injury to Raymond Felton, JUST RIDICULOUS Smith, Camby back, Brewer fading, lineup changes, Nets firing their coach, Wade gets suspended and much much more Download Episode 163
The Knicks are 5-0 for the first time since 1993-94! Here are the good and bad of tonight’s game:
- Ball handling. The Knicks only had 9 turnovers the entire game. They’ve done an amazing job at not turning the ball over in all 5 games. Something I don’t think they did for 5 games all last season.
- JR Smith. Arguably his best game all season. He led the 4th quarter run that ended up being not only the Knicks 5th straight win but their 5th straight double digit win. Just Ridiculous has been the good JR all season so far.
- Carmelo Anthony. Was aggressive, drove the ball a lot and hit from everywhere on the court.
- Finishing the game. Last season the Knicks were known to fade in the 4th quarter. Today the Knicks had their best quarter in the 4th.
- Marcus Camby. He only played 4 minutes and basically just stood there. I really hope he’s just not in game shape instead of just being washed up.
- Carmelo Anthony. When he missed a shot or didn’t get a call he pouted a few times, giving the Magic a 5 on 4 power play. Watch the end of the 2nd quarter, that last Magic basket was due to his pouting.
- Defense. The intensity didn’t seem to pick up until the end of the game. If it was there all game this would have been a blowout.
It was an ugly game but a win is a win and the Knicks are still undefeated. The real test is the Thursday/Friday back to back against Memphis and San Antonio.
- I’m not sure if Jeremy Lin was able to play or not, but 85% sounds like he could have. Chandler played with the flu, Amar’e played with half his hand stapled together, Jeffries couldn’t even walk, Bibby died 3 years ago and you couldn’t play 10 minutes? It’s not like it would kill his market value, he can’t make more than 5M next year so one bad game wouldn’t have done anything.
- I hate that we had so many injuries but loved how much heart most (not you Lin) of the players showed even though we were terribly outmatched.
- Mike Woodson couldn’t try zone even once? Did we make any adjustments this series other than to cut Novaks minutes?
- Novak needs to learn to shoot off the screen.
- Fields….you look so good sometimes and then you lose the ball on a drive in the 4th to kill what small momentum we had. Throwing the ball in LeBrons face was fun to watch.
- Just Ridiculous Smith – I know he is a streaky shooter, but I didn’t know the streak went from mediocre to abysmal.
- Miami fans are the worst. We saw the shirts on the empty chairs. Also, learn ONE other chant other than LETS GO HEAT. I swear the only other chant I heard was MVP for LeBron, which they strangly chanted after a ball got thrown in his face.
- Has there every been a play where Battier on defense or Wade on offense didn’t end up on the floor? And have either of them ever not been shocked when a foul either wasn’t called on the other team or was called on them?
- Does Spoestra tell everyone on the team of flop constantly or did they come up with that idea during a players meeting?
- Can we officially say Amar’e has the worst contract in the NBA or does that one good playoff game negate a season of garbage?
- I really really miss the old team. I refuse to believe that if we never did the Melo trade, and signed Chandler we wouldn’t have finished as a 3rd seed this season.
- Lets go Pacers!
Which Just Ridiculous Smith will we see tonight? Can Shumpert stop Rondo? Will Baron decompose by halftime? Pierce vs Melo is always fun. Lets hope the Knicks get one step closer to clinching that playoff spot.
We’re playing the team everyone loves to hate. We got stomped last time we played, will we get our revenge today? Will Just Ridiculous Smith shoot well? Who will win the LeBron Carmelo matchup? Will Chris Bosh cry at some point in the game?
We’ll be leaving our comments here throughout the game, feel free to post your thoughts as well.