In 2011/12 and 2012/13 I kept a Knick Effect list (I slacked off last season). What this is is a list of every player that has had his highest or second highest scoring game of the season. I started this because it seems like every game some random guy on the bench is going off against the Knicks. The two years I’ve done this the list has gotten very long. Lets see how long the list gets this year in the return of the #Knickeffect
Highest scoring game of the season
11/5/13 – Michael Kidd-Gilchrist – 16 points
11/10/13 – Danny Green – 24 points
12/16/13 – Martell Webster – 30 points
12/21/13 – Tony Allen – 19 points
1/2/14 – Marco Belinelli – 32 points
1/13/14 – Leandro Barbosa – 21 points
1/16/14 – Lance Stephenson – 28 points
1/22/14 – Evan Turner – 34 points
1/26/14 – Manny Harris – 18 points
2/1/14 – Shane Battier – 16 points
2/12/14 – Jimmer Fredette – 24 points
2/18/14 – Mike Miller – 19 points
2/21/14 – Victor Oladipo – 30 points
2/22/14 – DeMarre Carroll – 24 points
2/22/14 – Mike Scott – 30 points
2/24/14 – Vince Carter – 23 points
2nd highest scoring game of the season
11/3/13 – Kevin Martin – 30 points
Marc and Jay talk about the end of the Rasheed Wallace era, what the team would be like if they kept David Lee, why Shumperts minutes shouldn’t be cut, LeBron may quit his pre-game dunk routine, scenarios in which the Knicks would have the advantage, K-Mart and what to expect from him, Monte Ellis gets the ultimate #Knickeffect, and listener questions. Download Episode 177
Jay and Marc try to figure out how the lineups being used make sense. They also talk about the Indiana debacle and the loss in Toronto, the trade deadline moves, Jays trip to Barclays, facebook and twitter questions, around the league news and finish off with what we learned. Download Episode 176
The Knicks can’t possible lose 2 games in a row to bad teams right? RIGHT? Who’s your pick for #Knickeffect? Comment below as the game goes on.
Well that was close. After starting the game down 14-2 to the lowly Magic the Knicks come back to beat Orlando.
- More Camby lobs please.
- Melo was in video game mode. Especially in the 4th where he had a stream of fire coming out the back of the ball during his shots.
- I didn’t know Charlie Day from It’s Always Sunny was on the Magic.
- Amare needs to call Hakeen and ask how to finish these moves without getting his shot blocked. It’s amazing how many of his shots get rejected. His defense didn’t look great either (surprise surprise). At least he hit all his free throws.
- I’m still waiting to hear that Brewer has been playing injured.
- Nelson got shut down in the 4th quarter, he was on pace for a Knick Effect tonight. Nicholson was too before he faded.
- Jason Kidd. 39 years old. 15-8-7. Amazing.
- It would be really nice if the Knicks could start games like they finish them. It would make life a lot less stressful for everyone involved.
- That’s about all I have to say about tonights game. Bring on Boston. Hopefully the Knicks can push them further below .500 on Monday.