Melo has 5 stitches and is a game time decision. Can the Knicks still beat the Heatles and keep their 1st place lead? Comment below as the game goes on.
Marc and Jay talk about the Dallas, Houston and Detroit games, what happened to the defense of the first 9 games, debate whether Melo is reverting back to old Melo and talk about the calls or lack of calls he’s getting, taking too many 3’s, welcoming Novak back to the NBA, listener questions and much more. Download Episode 156
I have to be completely honest. The Knicks were down by 12 in the 4th quarter and I wrote a whole write up about the game. I recounted what went wrong tonight and how if you are going to lose, it might as well be to the Spurs because they look damn good. I wrote about how Carmelo and JR barely showed up to the game. As I kept writing, Jason Kidd hit two straight three pointers. I eventually had to stop writing and watch the awesomeness. HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe the Knicks pulled this one out. The Knicks will not remain perfect but they came to play this season. This is going to be a fun season to be a Knicks fan. I don’t want to overreact but this is their best victory all season. Here are my thoughts:
- The 4th quarter is officially renamed “Hammer Time” because that is when the Knicks defense bring the hammer down.
- Hey Melo, you scored 9 points tonight which last season would have meant you barely contributed. This season’s Melo played great defense, took down 12 boards and figured out he could contribute even if he was not scoring.
- Ray Felton is officially nicknamed JW as in “Jeremy Who”. The Spurs challenged Felton to score especially on pick & rolls and Felton delivered when no one else could.
- Speaking of Jason Kidd, does it violate any league rules for him to drink from the fountain of youth?
- The Knicks as a team turned the ball over 7 times tonight. How is that even possible? Jeremy Lin used to turn the ball over 7 times in a half.
- JR Smith looked like he was off but when I looked at the box score he had 17 pts on 6-13 shooting. I guess he played better than I realized. 6th man of the year, yeah that could happen. And, I almost screamed when he hit that 3 at the end of the game…but stopped myself for fear of waking my wife and baby.
- I would have liked to see more Ronnie Brewer tonight but I assume his knee was hurting him. Hope his knee heels soon because Brewer has been way better than expected so far.
- I believe Woodson’s grave might say “In Rasheed we trust”. Never thought I would see so much Rasheed this early in the season but he played pretty well tonight for a retiree.
- Tonight was interesting because at times it seemed they were playing with “Refs call fouls mode” turned off.
- Here is the beginning of the write up I started when the Knicks were down by 12 and I assumed they would lose (kind of fun to read this now!!!) Continue reading
It has been said that we are a little too pessimistic about the Knicks and that we complain a little too much. Well here are the top 10 complaints about the Knicks 5-0 start so far:
- Their record in the NBA may be 5-0 but against the point spread they are only 3-2.
- Anyone can win their games by double digits. How about winning by triple digits?
- Kurt Thomas, Marcus Camby or Rasheed Wallace are all playing like they are old. I expected more triple doubles from these guys.
- If Melo is playing so well then why doesn’t Woodson have him play all 48 minutes every night?
- They are playing well now but how well will they do when every player on the team suffers a debilitating injury. Continue reading