This is not a very happy bunch…
The Knicks crushed D’Antoni’s dreams of having a victorious return to the Garden last night. The Knicks dominated the game until the closing minutes when they decided to let up and make things interesting. Though there were brief moments of concern Felton, JR and Chandler eventually said “not going to happen Lakers.” This was another fun one though we had a minor scare from Melo. Instead of sharing my thoughts on the game, here what the players/coaches were thinking last night:
- D’Antoni – “The system works…the system works…the system works. It’s the players fault. The system works…”
- Woodson – “These guys are definitely running laps tomorrow. A win by less than 10 is a loss in my book.”
- D.Howard – “I don’t want to make it awkward. I will just ask to be traded and that management fire D’Antoni and then I will get ready for the second half.”
- Kobe – “Do you think this season is somehow payback for Colorado?”
- Melo – “Wow, I am so on tonight. Take that D’Antoni. Nothing could go wrong tonight…” Continue reading
Some thoughts from last night:
- Great game, these two teams are, to my disappointment, pretty evenly matched up when they play one another.
- If JR Smith had actually lost a limb during the 4th quarter, would he have let Woodson take him out?
- It was aid before the season that the Knicks would be pretty good if the year was 2003. Looks like Jason Kidd things it is 2003 at least based on the way he has been playing.
- It has to be so awful as a Nets fan to watch Kidd – one of your arguably top 3 players all time – hit a back breaking 3 pointer against you while playing for your big city rivals. The closest equivalent for Knicks fans would have been having Ewing drop a double double on us while wearing a Sonics uniform.
- Hey Nets fans, Deron is a very good point guard. Carmelo is an MVP candidate. I hope you understand the difference. Continue reading
The Knicks won by 21 points tonight against the Bullets (I hate calling them the Wizards). The game was never really close and the Knicks did what they are supposed to do, show no mercy on lesser opponents. It is hard to remember a time when the Knicks consistently blew out their opponents. There is more I could say about the Knicks performance but instead I am just going to spend the rest of this recap insulting the Bullets/Wizards.
- David Stern announced big sanctions coming against Washington for playing the actual guys on the roster.
- Washington thought they had a chance tonight because they misread the inactive and active list and thought they would be playing against Jason Kidd by himself…and, even then, they only thought they had a chance.
- Washington is nicknamed the Wizards because it would take an actual Wizard to turn this franchise around.
- The Wizards are so bad that they have been asked to replace the Generals so the Globetrotters can have an easier opponent.
- How can the Wizards cut Blatche and actually get worse? Continue reading
HEY FELTON, STOP FREAKIN’ SHOOTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Knicks played retro ball tonight and by retro ball I mean they played like it was last season. They played all iso ball all the time. There were times I thought Melo was going to break out a cape he was playing so much hero ball. This loss may be their worst all season. It is not because it was against the Nets. This one can’t be blamed on bad refs or too much travel. The Knicks didn’t catch a crazy performance from a Chandler Parsons type tonight. The defense was all right but they were ugly on offense throughout. It was every man for themselves on offense with the exception of Tyson Chandler who cleaned up and had a monster game on offense, keeping this team in the game. This loss kills me because we should not be about to enter December with this team reverting to all their bad habits. Let’s hope the real reason they lost was because Jason Kidd was out. Here are my thoughts:
- Did JR Smith wear Felton’s number tonight because that is the only explanation for Felton’s 3-19 performance?
- Did Rasheed re-retire before tonight’s game and not tell anyone? How does a guy who should only be shooting from inside the paint go 2-11?
- Hey Melo, STOP TRYING TO DO EVERYTHING BY YOURSELF!!! You have teammates and unless you trust them you are never going to win.
- Chandler was 12-13 from the field with 28 points, all of which seemed to be off of teammates misses. Does anyone want to run some pick and rolls for this guy? Chandler could have scored 40 tonight if the Knicks made any effort to get him involved in the offense. Continue reading
If you read some of the preseason breakdowns of the Knicks the consensus was that this team was old and slow and that the Knicks made some rather baffling off-season moves. I think most people are still baffled because this old and slow squad is now 3-0 and winning games by an average of 20 points. This is the first time in team history that they have won the first 3 game of the season by double digits. Think how much better they would be if they went even older and slower.
Things could not be going better for the Knicks but no one outside of New York is going to give them credit. Here are the top 5 excuses to be given as to why the Knicks are just getting lucky (with sarcasm):
- Miami couldn’t bare to really play after the hurricane unlike the Knicks who are energized by tragedy.
- The Knicks were lucky enough to play without Amare who promises to single handedly subtract 12 points a night.
- Of course they beat Philly because they were missing Bynum who just never suffers injuries and Jason Richardson who is just at the peak of his career.
- Melo is only playing well because he still thinks this is the Olympics.
- The Knicks players all have extra energy because they did not have to run the marathon yesterday.
Here are my thoughts on tonight: Continue reading
A lot of people have said they expect the Knicks to be a top 5 defensive team. Where do you think the Knicks will rank on offense compared to the rest of the league?
Question of the day: Which Knick does the most with the least talent and which Knick does the least with the most talent?
Which Knicks player would you most like to grab a drink with?
In Episode 124 Marc and Jay were joined by Jim Cavan (@jpcavan) from Knickerblogger.net to make our playoff predictions. Here are the results:
Chicago Bulls vs. Philadelphia 76ers
Jay’s Pick: Chicago in 5
Marc’s Pick: Chicago in 7
Jim’s Pick: Chicago in 6
Miami Heat vs New York Knicks
Jay’s Pick: Miami in 5
Marc’s Pick: Knicks in 4
Jim’s Pick: Miami in 6 Continue reading