Marc and Jay talk about the newest additions to the team, Bargnani joining the Nets, the first summer league game, and more
Will and Jay talk about the last 4 Knicks games, the 3 point defense or lack thereof, Travis Wear, tanking, trades, what to expect going forward and much more
Marc and Jay talk about the start of preseason, the triangle offense, who we expect to improve on offense and defense, a few of Melo’s questionable statements, expectations for the season and much more
- I thought we were in for a long afternoon when Joey Crawford gave Mike Woodson a technical 90 seconds into the game. Some bad calls, but fortunately the Pacers can’t score so it didn’t matter.
- Speaking of Joey Crawford, I don’t think it’s a good thing when your max contract center runs like a 61 year old ref.
- It’s definitely not a good thing when he also scores 6 and 8 with 6 turnovers.
- It’s really really not a good thing when that isn’t far off from his season average.
- Carmelo attacked the rim all game, even though he was stopped most of the time. He also followed up his shots which resulted in a few offensive rebounds. I like the aggression.
- Raise your hand if you thought Rasheed would be playing 15-20 minutes a night. Keep your hand up if you thought that would be a good thing.
- Camby is still not in game shape. Far from it. He looks like he’s walking waste deep in oatmeal. Continue reading
“I don’t want that (scoring) role anymore. I can do it. It is what it is, that’s what I do best. But in order for this team to be successful with the guys that we have on this team right now, we need a more well-rounded team. So if I have to sacrifice doing some things out there on the offensive end I’m willing to do it.” – Carmelo Anthony
What does this really mean?
A. Exactly what he said and we’ll see Melo 2.0 playing team ball.
B. What he thinks we want to hear but in reality we’ll get Iso-Melo again.
C. Anthony is now not going to try on both ends of the court.
In honor of the Knicks amazing offense we kick off the show with the Knicks top 5 offensive plays. We break down the Golden State game and talk about the things that went wrong and the thing that went right. We end the show with a few of our new segments. Enjoy. Download Episode 93
Earl Barron in his first game back, signed with the Bucks, he played 15 minutes and got 9 boards, 5 of them on offense. Good thing the Knicks don’t need any big men.