Marc the star and Jay preview every team, try out a live show which doesn’t go as bad as expected, preseason, listener questions and much more
With the Knicks first pre-season game tonight and in honor of our former coach, the great Mike Woodson, our investigative team here at New York Knicks Podcast has uncovered the actual notes Mike Woodson provided his players prior to their first preseason game last season. We are exposing ourselves to a great deal of liability by providing this information to you but we care about you the reader. We cannot explain to you exactly how this information was obtained but needless to say it involved a great deal of strap-ons.
- If you are wide open with the basketball in your hand, before shooting, ask yourself is your name Carmelo or JR.
- The first 20 seconds on the shot clock are all about setting up your shot.
- On the fast break be the turtle, not the hare. If you don’t follow that than maybe we should be trading you and by you everyone knows I am talking to Shump.
- If you are on defense and covering the same guy for more than 5 seconds than you are doing something wrong.
- If you are on defense and you see the guy with the ball is double covered, get your ass over there because there is no reason that guy shouldn’t be triple covered.
- Time on the bench is not for resting or chit-chat, when you are on the bench you should be paying very close attention to my goatee.
- All personal listening devices by team rule can play any number of great songs to get you pumped for tonight’s game as long as that song was written and performed by JD & the Straight Shots.
- Above all else remember our mantra on offense, “passing is just admitting that you can’t score”.
Marc and Jay talk about the start of preseason, the triangle offense, who we expect to improve on offense and defense, a few of Melo’s questionable statements, expectations for the season and much more
We talk about preseason, who will make the final roster spots, top 5 things Marc and Jay are afraid of, listener questions and more
Marc and Jay talk about who will make the final cut, injury reports, a visit from Derrick Rose, Mr. Positive and Mr. Negative, top 10 all time most hated Knicks, 2 PG lineups vs a more traditional lineup and more
We go over the first two preseason games, talk about the new 90 second pre-game rule, make fun of ESPN for already having a LeBron to the Lakers article and do a top 10 next LeBron stories, talk about a few of the Knicks injury problems and then do live coverage of our fantasy league draft. Lots of trash talking ensues. Download Episode 149
It’s been reported that Ronnie Brewer is close to returning, and my in fact return to practice today. Amar’e is also supposed to return to the starting lineup for Fridays game against the Raptors. Knicks fans may actually get to see the starting lineup in action before the regular season starts. Should we be excited that the Knicks starting lineup may be in tact by Friday or depressed that having all of our starters play in the same game is exciting news?
Jay and Marc are getting excited as preseason has officially begun. Soon we can stop the speculation and talk about things that have actually happened. For now we comment on preseason, how far this group can go, the expected tempo of play, why Jay defends the Celtics and more. Download Episode 148
We compare our pre-season predictions to how things really turned out and then give our predictions for the playoffs. Download Episode 58