Marc and Jay talk about the Boston and Philly games and then give their mid-season grades for every player on the Knicks roster. Download Episode 170
Felton is back! This is as close to a full roster as the Knicks have been all season and might be for the rest of the season. Should be interesting to see how they look. Comment below as the game goes on.
It was an ugly game but I’ll take it. A few thoughts from what is hopefully the Knicks last game without Raymond Felton:
- This game was so inconstant, Melo was terrible in the first half and unstoppable in the 2nd, Amare was the exact opposite, and JR was terrible for the first 45 1/2 and great for the last 2 1/2.
- Even though the Knicks won, they only had 12 assist for the game. I REALLY REALLY hope Felton is back for Saturdays game and never gets injured ever again.
- I was really excited about how Amare looked in the first half, he had 6 points, 6 rebounds and 2 blocks in his first 10 minutes. Then in the 4th quarter it was everything we were complaining about. On back to back plays he stood right behind Chandler while he set a pick and then rolled to the basket right behind Chandler. Did he not see him or does he think 2 is better than one? On the next play he set a pick for Kidd, Kidd didn’t take the pick and passed the ball, but Amare still stood there for the pick until Kidd explained to him that he no longer had the ball and therefore didn’t need a pick.
- I learned from Marv Albert today that Boston pumps in crowd noises. It doesn’t get much lamer than that.
- If you’re a Boston fan how mad are you at Jason Terry? He’s in the conversation for 6th man of the year for about 10 straight years and then takes a dump all over the Boston bench all season.
- James White played 13 minutes tonight and didn’t play bad, but that meant zero minutes for Copeland, not sure how I feel about that.
- In the 1st half the Knicks went with a zone defense when Amare came in. This seemed to work fairly well. Maybe this is more suited to his….abilities.
- Hey Boston, how do my Cheerios taste?
The Rematch. Let’s do this. Comment below as the game goes on.
Lots to talk about tonight, 3 games, a big injury to Raymond Felton, JUST RIDICULOUS Smith, Camby back, Brewer fading, lineup changes, Nets firing their coach, Wade gets suspended and much much more Download Episode 163
- I think our listener Niro put it best when he said “There were two games this season that just disgusted me. The Houston game and the Houston game.”
- I understand the Knicks were without Melo, Sheed, Shumpert, Amare and Camby, but they weren’t scheduled to be without Defense, good shooting, controlling the pace and taking care of the ball too.
- There is a lot of talk about Lin and Harden not being able to play together, but they combined for 394,402,134 points on 97% shooting tonight (approximately) so maybe we shouldn’t jump to conclusions.
- At least Chandler Parsons didn’t light the Knicks up again.
- Copeland got 9 quick points to start the 3rd quarter and for a second I thought the Knicks were going to make a comeback, but then the Knicks decided it would be a good idea to let Harden shoot open 3’s the rest of the night.
- I started this recap 5 minutes ago when the Knicks were down by 20 and they are now down by 27.
- JR, I love when you go to bed early and have a great shooting game the next day, but can you try and make that happen in a game where you’re good shooting would actually make a difference?
- I’m really glad the Knicks don’t have to play Houston again for at least 11 more months.
- 10-1 at home is still really darn good.
- Another positive is we can start to prepare for Copesanity. He had a career high 29 points on 11-19 shooting.
Jeremy Lin’s return to the Garden. This is the only team that has blown out the Knicks. Melo and Sheed are out and as usual Camby, STAT and Sump are out as well, oh and Felton has bone bruises in BOTH hands. That being said Houston is a sub-500 team and this is a very winnable game. Plus it’s at the Garden where the Knicks happen to be 10-0. Comment as the game goes on below.