Round two started off with a thud. Jay and Marc are angrier than ever and tell you why all show. I think we mention the round 1 victory for about a minute, but since round 2 started so quick or happiness was immediately crushed by the weight of this terrible game.
It’s hard to take anything away from a preseason game, but I’m in basketball withdrawal so I’m giving you my two cents anyway.
- Last season the Knicks averaged somewhere between 1/2 and 1 3/4 total point guards. This year we have 3. Felton was slimmed down, Kidd is still a savvy veteran and the oldest rookie in NBA history Pablo Prigioni, at 35, looked very good. He hit 4/8 from 3 point land and had a few nice dishes.
- Chandler looked more involved on offense. A few more games like that and teams will have to make sure they always keep an eye on him, which may cut down on double teams from Melo and Amar’e.
- Should I even mention how much better Melo looks without Amar’e? OK, I won’t mention it.
- If you listen to the show you probably know Jay isn’t a huge fan of the refs. Well this game I saw a flop by Novak called as a block and a few flops by Wizards players with no whistles at all. There was actually a play where a player flopped on JR Smith and Smith assumed he’d get called for a foul and stopped playing. I like the non-calls and the block calls on flops. Good start refs! Now lets see how those are called when the Knicks play the 3 evil stepsisters from Miami.
- I’m officially hoping John Shurna gets the last spot. I need to see more of that wacky shot of his.
Chandler had the flu, Barons back tightened up, Shumpert tore his ACL, the refs went WWE on us and didn’t even call the game fairly and the Knicks were doubled up. This was all before halftime. We try to figure out what happened. Download Episode 125
LeBron learns what the word contraction means. Fantasy basketball tips. We debate on whether Dallas, Utah, San Antonio and New Orleans are for real, and if any of the west coast teams who are currently out of the top 8 have a chance at sneaking in. Yao trade rumors. New Jersey is building around a role player. We also debate if it’s OK to criticize refs. Download Episode 23