- Welcome back from weed suspension JR. Oh how we missed all your wild shots, terrible shooting percentage and unforced turnovers.
- Hey Woodson, until Chandler gets back Aldrich is the only real center on the team and can actually rebound, make sure you keep playing him less than 10 minutes a game.
- Amare didn’t have any turnovers this game. I guess he was too busy missing shots and fouling players instead.
- Nice rebound Bargnani. I don’t have to be more specific as that was the only one for the whole game.
- Hey Metta, hacking at peoples arms does not qualify as good defense.
- I jokingly told my girlfriend that I would go shopping with her if the Knicks went down by 30. My ass just got back from clothes shopping. Thanks a lot.
A big thanks to Patrick for making these charts. So we’ve been talking about how the Knicks offense is predictable when Melo and/or JR is on the floor and stagnant when they are off. And this chart would be even more skewed if you consider Amare missed 53 games last season. This breakout of team scoring pretty much sums that up:
Now lets take a look at that when compared to the two teams that made the finals last year. First the Miami Heat: Continue reading
OK so were we in the twilight zone tonight or on Tuesday night? THIS is the Knicks team everyone wants to see. Intense D, ball movement on offense and everyone getting involved. You know, the opposite of last game.
If I had to guess I’d say that Tuesday was the anomaly and tonight is going to be the norm, which by the way if you want to bet on NY Knicks you can do NBA betting (click here) at Top Bet. The Knicks still have 4 players out, but you can start to get a feel of how this team is going to look a month from now. Camby looked better than he has all season with 16 solid minutes, 6 boards and a number of blocked shots. If he’s going to be able to do that for 15-18 minutes on a nightly basic I’m fine with that and also fine with Kurt Thomas buried on the bench only to be used as insurance.
Amare was aggressive and was showing off the post moves he learned this summer. He got blocked about 17 times, but put a few in and drew a few fouls. The crazy part is he didn’t make me constantly scream at the TV about his defense. If he can play that level of defense every night (acceptable but not great) then this is going to be a dangerous team come playoff time.
Brewer his a few shots but he’s going to have to have a string of solid games for me not to cringe every time he shoots the ball. He’s the leading candidate to get buried on the bench if Shumpert resembles an NBA player when he comes back from injury. Continue reading
5-0 vs 7-1, let’s do this! Comment below as the game goes along.
We talk about some rumors including Lamar Odom wanting to come to NY. We talk about how the Spurs are too good and some ways to even the playing field. We also come up with some ideas to make the end of the season more fun for bad teams. Download Episode 130