Jim Cavan from Knickerblogger.net joins us today. We talk about the Knicks last three games, if the Knicks can keep this pace up, what day to day really means, a few trade scenarios involving the Knicks, Toronto and the Lakers, Shumperts hair, Feltons shooting and much much more. Download Episode 161
On a day when we were really hoping the Knicks would beat down the Rockets so we can finally end the “Would the Knicks be better if they signed Jeremy Lin” debate the exact opposite happened. The Knicks were down by around 12 points all game….until they were down by almost 30. Some thoughts on the game:
- The defense was so bad tonight. Harden and Lin were able to drive to the lane at will and Asik seemed to be able to be able to hide behind Chandler and get wide open for offensive rebounds and easy layups. You’re not going to win if you give up 72 points at the half.
- Chandler Parsons: 13-17 for 31 points. Are you kidding me?
- Carmelo Anthony was on fire in the first half, hitting 6 of 7 from 3 point land and had 24 points. He ended up with 37, but also had 7 turnovers and about 5 pouter plays (where he pouts and lets the other team score). He never gets a call and that has to be frustrating, but the pouter plays are unacceptable. Taking contested 1 on 5 3-pointers isn’t the best of strategies either.
- Steve Novak came out of his slump tonight. Glad he snapped out of his funk, but could he have picked a worse game to shoot decently? Continue reading
The New Orleans Hornets have some young and really good players including Eric Gordon and Anthony Davis. Those guys didn’t play tonight so the Hornets pretty much had no chance. To their credit, the Hornets kept it close for two quarters and it was kind of like when you played your older brother in basketball growing up. There were times when your older brother took it easy and you hit some shots but then he would realize the score was too close and lower the boom down on you. There was never a point tonight when you thought Hornets had a chance. The Knicks teams of the last few years would have blown a trap game like this or at least kept you on the edge of your seat way too long. This team does not do that. I love this team. Here are my thoughts:
- Do you think at half time Woodson told his team a win by less than 10 points is basically a loss?
- The Knicks are 8-1 despite playing the toughest schedule in the NBA. Enough said.
- The Knicks won by 22 tonight and the game didn’t even look that close for most of the second half.
- The Hornets scored 31 points in the 2nd quarter. They only scored 32 points the rest of the game. Continue reading
Will the Knicks bounce back against the Pacers or will a billion articles be posted tomorrow about how the 6-0 start was a fluke? Comment as the game goes on.
This is probably the toughest test of the season so far as the quest to remain undefeated continues. Comment here as the game goes on.