This is probably the toughest test of the season so far as the quest to remain undefeated continues. Comment here as the game goes on.
John Henson from ABC’s Wipeout joins us today! The similarities between being a Clippers fan and Knicks fan, Woodson calling out players, pushing through off nights, STAT coming off the bench, cutting down the Nets, 5 Knicks questions and much more. Download Episode 154
The Knicks are 5-0 for the first time since 1993-94! Here are the good and bad of tonight’s game:
- Ball handling. The Knicks only had 9 turnovers the entire game. They’ve done an amazing job at not turning the ball over in all 5 games. Something I don’t think they did for 5 games all last season.
- JR Smith. Arguably his best game all season. He led the 4th quarter run that ended up being not only the Knicks 5th straight win but their 5th straight double digit win. Just Ridiculous has been the good JR all season so far.
- Carmelo Anthony. Was aggressive, drove the ball a lot and hit from everywhere on the court.
- Finishing the game. Last season the Knicks were known to fade in the 4th quarter. Today the Knicks had their best quarter in the 4th.
- Marcus Camby. He only played 4 minutes and basically just stood there. I really hope he’s just not in game shape instead of just being washed up.
- Carmelo Anthony. When he missed a shot or didn’t get a call he pouted a few times, giving the Magic a 5 on 4 power play. Watch the end of the 2nd quarter, that last Magic basket was due to his pouting.
- Defense. The intensity didn’t seem to pick up until the end of the game. If it was there all game this would have been a blowout.
It was an ugly game but a win is a win and the Knicks are still undefeated. The real test is the Thursday/Friday back to back against Memphis and San Antonio.
The Mavs are without Dirk and Marion and it looks like they are going to try and go big against the Knicks. Camby is back. Will the Knicks go 4-0? Comment as the game goes on below.
For the first time since the 1958-59 season the Knicks are the last unbeaten team. What does this tell us? Nothing. It’s really early for there to be only one unbeaten team left, but it’s still a positive sign and yet another thing we can make fun of the Brooklyn defectors for.