Written by William Lee
John Wall dominated the first half, scoring in double figures in the first quarter alone. John Wall is one of the quickest point guards in the league, and he displayed it Monday night. Wall attacked in the open court, scoring either for himself or getting his teammates involved for 16 first half fast break points. John Wall had 19 points and 5 assist by halftime, and got plenty of help from Martell Webster, as he dropped four threes to compliment Wall penetrating attack into the paint. Martell Webster would fall a couple points of reaching his career high in points, finishing the game with 30 points.
The Knicks could not stop the Wizards, allowing 55.6% field goal, and getting scorched from beyond the arc, for seven three point shots in the first half. The Wizards kept the Knicks in the game, by turning the ball over frequently, with ten turnovers alone just in the second quarter. The extra possessions were much needed for New York, as the Knicks shoot a dismal 31.9% from the field, and was not able to collect much offensive rebounds off so many misses, only collecting five from 32 misses. Continue reading
The Knicks lost to Harry Potters tonight and it was not pretty. Here are my thoughts:
- Maybe the Knicks are scared that the Celtics will be the 8th seed
- Would you be surprised to learn that the Knicks bet Woodson that they could stay up for 24 straight hours and still beat the Wizards?
- Some people said that the Wizards won because they are younger and faster than the Knicks. I have seen old-timers games where both teams looked faster than the Knicks tonight. It was not like the Wizards were running the Knicks ragged tonight, they just hit the open shots that the Knicks gave them.
- Felton slowly dribbles up, asks Melo for a pick, Melo refuses and demands the ball, Felton again asks for a pick, Melo again refuses and Felton gives him the ball 20 feet from the basket, Melo dribbles a bit and misses an off balance 18 ft shot. This really happened. Continue reading
I get it John Wall is fast and they have some other young fast guards. They also have some good big men. What I also get is that that are the Wizards and they are destined for the lottery. The Knicks will win tonight with the only uncertainty being whether Chandler pulls down 20 boards. Who will get tonights #Knickeffect? Comment below as the game goes on.
The Knicks won by 21 points tonight against the Bullets (I hate calling them the Wizards). The game was never really close and the Knicks did what they are supposed to do, show no mercy on lesser opponents. It is hard to remember a time when the Knicks consistently blew out their opponents. There is more I could say about the Knicks performance but instead I am just going to spend the rest of this recap insulting the Bullets/Wizards.
- David Stern announced big sanctions coming against Washington for playing the actual guys on the roster.
- Washington thought they had a chance tonight because they misread the inactive and active list and thought they would be playing against Jason Kidd by himself…and, even then, they only thought they had a chance.
- Washington is nicknamed the Wizards because it would take an actual Wizard to turn this franchise around.
- The Wizards are so bad that they have been asked to replace the Generals so the Globetrotters can have an easier opponent.
- How can the Wizards cut Blatche and actually get worse? Continue reading
We talk about the trade rumors going on with the Knicks and Nuggets, Lakers and Nuggets, and Rockets and Nuggets. Key word Nuggets. We talk about the Knicks last game vs the 76ers. We also talk about Cleveland breaking records in back to back games and their big game against the Wizards on Friday. Download Episode 35
Jay and Marc continue their offseason grades with the Central and Southeast divisions. Download Episode 2