On a day when we were really hoping the Knicks would beat down the Rockets so we can finally end the “Would the Knicks be better if they signed Jeremy Lin” debate the exact opposite happened. The Knicks were down by around 12 points all game….until they were down by almost 30. Some thoughts on the game:
- The defense was so bad tonight. Harden and Lin were able to drive to the lane at will and Asik seemed to be able to be able to hide behind Chandler and get wide open for offensive rebounds and easy layups. You’re not going to win if you give up 72 points at the half.
- Chandler Parsons: 13-17 for 31 points. Are you kidding me?
- Carmelo Anthony was on fire in the first half, hitting 6 of 7 from 3 point land and had 24 points. He ended up with 37, but also had 7 turnovers and about 5 pouter plays (where he pouts and lets the other team score). He never gets a call and that has to be frustrating, but the pouter plays are unacceptable. Taking contested 1 on 5 3-pointers isn’t the best of strategies either.
- Steve Novak came out of his slump tonight. Glad he snapped out of his funk, but could he have picked a worse game to shoot decently?
- Apparently Steve passed his slump on to Prigioni. Brutal shooting night from Prigs. At least his release is so slow the Rockets can run from the free throw line to the 3 point line to contest the shot before it’s released.
- Chris Copeland has to be the league leader in shots per minute on the court.
- Two terrible games in a row from Just Ridiculous. Lets hope this is the aberration and not the first 7 games.
- I hated this game so much.