Amare played for the first time this season and Ed Malloy (who was surprisingly less biased than usual tonight) was reffing so you knew there was no way the Knicks were winning tonight.
Another reason they lost is this shot chart that I put together:
- It was really fun having Amare back tonight; looks like he watched zero game tape during his time off as he still looks completely lost on D.
- Amare was also icing both knees after pre-game warmups. A sign of things to come.
- Don’t drink every time Amare gets burned on D because alcohol poisoning is bad for you.
- If an opposing player is within 10 feet of Novak he can’t hit a shot. Woodson should see how tightly teams are playing him and give his minutes to someone else if he can’t get a good look because he’s also been emulating Amare on D.
- I liked the few minutes Chandler and Camby played together.
- Melo is going to have chronic back problems from having to carry this team every night.
- Felton can’t come back soon enough.
- The Knicks look like they are back to being the team that is completely unpredictable from night to night. Are they going to play tough and hit shots or get completely blown out, who knows anymore?
- Kurt Thomas, 3 fouls in the first 4 minutes and doesn’t play the rest of the game. How come other players aren’t on as short of a leash as Kurt?
- HIT YOUR GOD DAMN FREE THROWS
- Intense D is what got the Knicks off to such a good start. What happened? Can’t blame tonight completely on Amare, plus they defense has looked like trash for a few games now.