The Knicks have the best record in the east after beating the Bobcats and destroying the Heat without Melo. We talk about how the Knicks are winning, if they can keep it up, injury worries, strategies and much more. We also find time to make fun of the Nets and Pelicans. Download Episode 159
I’m sure you’ve heard by now that Rasheed Wallace got ejected after yelling “Ball Don’t Lie” I wasn’t aware that this has been Rasheed’s catch phrase for a while so I did some research and found out what it means:
“Ball don’t lie” is said when a player misses one, two or all three of his free throws after a questionable (read as: bullshit) foul call is made by an official. The ball is, essentially, the unbiased judge who will not reward the player by going in if the apparent foul was indeed bullshit.
*Andrew Bogut locks arms with Rasheed Wallace and trips over his own feet, prompting a foul call from the referee
* Rasheed: That’s BULLSHIT, man!
*Andrew Bogut toes the line and proceeds to miss his first free throw
*Rasheed: BALL DON’T LIE!
*Bogut then attempts a second free throw and misses again
*Rasheed: BALL DON’T LIE, DAMNIT!
The Knicks beat the Suns to maintain their Atlantic Division lead. About 6 minutes into the game the Knicks had built a big lead and seemed to get bored and decided to make things interesting. They let the Suns come back, then went up by 20, then let them come back again and so on. At the end a win is a win but it would have been nice to go up by 20 and then stay up by 20.
- Speaking of going up by 20; this was the 8th time in 16 games the Knicks have had a 20 point lead.
- Rasheed Wallace got a technical for yelling “Ball Don’t Lie” which resulted in his ejection.
- JR Smith had another terrible game. He was also on twitter at 2 and 4am. I’m noticing a trend here.
- Copeland had a career high in every category. If Camby and Thomas can’t stay on the court it looks like the Knicks have another option.
- Dragic is 13th in the league in assists per game. Imagine how many he’d average if he didn’t have to pass to Morris and Beasley.
- The Knicks had 7 turnovers all game and only one in the 2nd half. They also forced 17. Lines like that are going to win a lot of ball games.
- I thought Stern was about to fine the Suns for resting their players until I realized that’s their actual team.
- Felton has been on a tear since the New Jersey Nets of Brooklyn game. Portland fans have to be getting pissed.