It was an ugly game but I’ll take it. A few thoughts from what is hopefully the Knicks last game without Raymond Felton:
- This game was so inconstant, Melo was terrible in the first half and unstoppable in the 2nd, Amare was the exact opposite, and JR was terrible for the first 45 1/2 and great for the last 2 1/2.
- Even though the Knicks won, they only had 12 assist for the game. I REALLY REALLY hope Felton is back for Saturdays game and never gets injured ever again.
- I was really excited about how Amare looked in the first half, he had 6 points, 6 rebounds and 2 blocks in his first 10 minutes. Then in the 4th quarter it was everything we were complaining about. On back to back plays he stood right behind Chandler while he set a pick and then rolled to the basket right behind Chandler. Did he not see him or does he think 2 is better than one? On the next play he set a pick for Kidd, Kidd didn’t take the pick and passed the ball, but Amare still stood there for the pick until Kidd explained to him that he no longer had the ball and therefore didn’t need a pick.
- I learned from Marv Albert today that Boston pumps in crowd noises. It doesn’t get much lamer than that.
- If you’re a Boston fan how mad are you at Jason Terry? He’s in the conversation for 6th man of the year for about 10 straight years and then takes a dump all over the Boston bench all season.
- James White played 13 minutes tonight and didn’t play bad, but that meant zero minutes for Copeland, not sure how I feel about that.
- In the 1st half the Knicks went with a zone defense when Amare came in. This seemed to work fairly well. Maybe this is more suited to his….abilities.
- Hey Boston, how do my Cheerios taste?