The New Orleans Hornets have some young and really good players including Eric Gordon and Anthony Davis. Those guys didn’t play tonight so the Hornets pretty much had no chance. To their credit, the Hornets kept it close for two quarters and it was kind of like when you played your older brother in basketball growing up. There were times when your older brother took it easy and you hit some shots but then he would realize the score was too close and lower the boom down on you. There was never a point tonight when you thought Hornets had a chance. The Knicks teams of the last few years would have blown a trap game like this or at least kept you on the edge of your seat way too long. This team does not do that. I love this team. Here are my thoughts:
- Do you think at half time Woodson told his team a win by less than 10 points is basically a loss?
- The Knicks are 8-1 despite playing the toughest schedule in the NBA. Enough said.
- The Knicks won by 22 tonight and the game didn’t even look that close for most of the second half.
- The Hornets scored 31 points in the 2nd quarter. They only scored 32 points the rest of the game. Continue reading
If you read some of the preseason breakdowns of the Knicks the consensus was that this team was old and slow and that the Knicks made some rather baffling off-season moves. I think most people are still baffled because this old and slow squad is now 3-0 and winning games by an average of 20 points. This is the first time in team history that they have won the first 3 game of the season by double digits. Think how much better they would be if they went even older and slower.
Things could not be going better for the Knicks but no one outside of New York is going to give them credit. Here are the top 5 excuses to be given as to why the Knicks are just getting lucky (with sarcasm):
- Miami couldn’t bare to really play after the hurricane unlike the Knicks who are energized by tragedy.
- The Knicks were lucky enough to play without Amare who promises to single handedly subtract 12 points a night.
- Of course they beat Philly because they were missing Bynum who just never suffers injuries and Jason Richardson who is just at the peak of his career.
- Melo is only playing well because he still thinks this is the Olympics.
- The Knicks players all have extra energy because they did not have to run the marathon yesterday.
Here are my thoughts on tonight: Continue reading