Why why why do the Celtics always do this to the Knicks. It’s almost like the big brother picking on his kid brother.
- The Celtics played a very physical game which seems to give the Knicks fits (see Memphis and Chicago games).
- Camby seems to have taken over Thomas’ role of starting the first 4 minutes of each half and never being seen again.
- Avery Bradley makes it so difficult for anyone to get anything going on offense. Prigioni was having trouble just making it past half court.
- For some reason the 2nd quarter consisted of JR playing point guard (and not passing) and Priggy taking long 3’s. This strategy did not work out very well.
- Sullinger is only a rookie but he’s really progressed very quickly in his ability to flop. He may be the first person this season to get a warning and a fine in the same game. Also, when Sullinger subbed in Clyde waited until his 2nd possession to make fun of his weight instead of immediately bringing up his chunkiness.
- I loved when Garnett and Melo were going back and forth and Melo hit a 3 and yelled “I’m coming back.”
- I didn’t love when Melo then missed his next 796 shots.
- I really didn’t love when Garnett then turned into Obi Wan Kenobi and mind controlled Melo, turning him into an f-bomb dropping rage monster that jacked up silly shots the rest of the game.
- Paul Pierce shoots somewhere between 99.7 and 100% in final minute daggers against the Knicks.
- These teams really do hate each other. It was reported that Melo went into the Celtics locker room after the game.
Rondo is suspended, the Celtics are in a tailspin, lets beat these bitches. Comment below as the game goes on.
Guess James White’s team didn’t win:
Michael (@delacmi1) scours twitter all week to find our Knicks player Tweet of the Week every Monday morning.
Marc and Jay talk about the positives and negatives from the last two games, their thoughts on Amares first 3 games back, MVP debate, listener questions including Knicks all time starting lineup, minutes for Prigioni, what’s wrong with Brewer and much more. Download Episode 165
Well that was close. After starting the game down 14-2 to the lowly Magic the Knicks come back to beat Orlando.
- More Camby lobs please.
- Melo was in video game mode. Especially in the 4th where he had a stream of fire coming out the back of the ball during his shots.
- I didn’t know Charlie Day from It’s Always Sunny was on the Magic.
- Amare needs to call Hakeen and ask how to finish these moves without getting his shot blocked. It’s amazing how many of his shots get rejected. His defense didn’t look great either (surprise surprise). At least he hit all his free throws.
- I’m still waiting to hear that Brewer has been playing injured.
- Nelson got shut down in the 4th quarter, he was on pace for a Knick Effect tonight. Nicholson was too before he faded.
- Jason Kidd. 39 years old. 15-8-7. Amazing.
- It would be really nice if the Knicks could start games like they finish them. It would make life a lot less stressful for everyone involved.
- That’s about all I have to say about tonights game. Bring on Boston. Hopefully the Knicks can push them further below .500 on Monday.
The magic have almost as many players injured as the Knicks do and sucked to begin with. If the Knicks don’t make it two in a row tonight expect a very cynical podcast tomorrow. Comment below as the game goes. Please. I was arguing with myself last game.
OK so were we in the twilight zone tonight or on Tuesday night? THIS is the Knicks team everyone wants to see. Intense D, ball movement on offense and everyone getting involved. You know, the opposite of last game.
If I had to guess I’d say that Tuesday was the anomaly and tonight is going to be the norm, which by the way if you want to bet on NY Knicks you can do NBA betting (click here) at Top Bet. The Knicks still have 4 players out, but you can start to get a feel of how this team is going to look a month from now. Camby looked better than he has all season with 16 solid minutes, 6 boards and a number of blocked shots. If he’s going to be able to do that for 15-18 minutes on a nightly basic I’m fine with that and also fine with Kurt Thomas buried on the bench only to be used as insurance.
Amare was aggressive and was showing off the post moves he learned this summer. He got blocked about 17 times, but put a few in and drew a few fouls. The crazy part is he didn’t make me constantly scream at the TV about his defense. If he can play that level of defense every night (acceptable but not great) then this is going to be a dangerous team come playoff time.
Brewer his a few shots but he’s going to have to have a string of solid games for me not to cringe every time he shoots the ball. He’s the leading candidate to get buried on the bench if Shumpert resembles an NBA player when he comes back from injury. Continue reading
I have no idea what to expect tonight. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Knicks won by 12 and I wouldn’t be surprised if they lost by 25. Camby is starting by the way. Comment below as the game goes on.
Robert Silverman from Knickerblogger.net joins us today. Amare comes back and it goes about as well as expected. What happened to the Knicks defense? Ronnie Brewer and Steve Novak aren’t playing like they did in November and early December. Is Felton more important than we realized? Trying to figure out why the Knicks don’t look like the same team they did only a month ago. Much more. Download Episode 164
Amare played for the first time this season and Ed Malloy (who was surprisingly less biased than usual tonight) was reffing so you knew there was no way the Knicks were winning tonight.
Another reason they lost is this shot chart that I put together:
knicks shot chart
- It was really fun having Amare back tonight; looks like he watched zero game tape during his time off as he still looks completely lost on D.
- Amare was also icing both knees after pre-game warmups. A sign of things to come.
- Don’t drink every time Amare gets burned on D because alcohol poisoning is bad for you.
- If an opposing player is within 10 feet of Novak he can’t hit a shot. Woodson should see how tightly teams are playing him and give his minutes to someone else if he can’t get a good look because he’s also been emulating Amare on D.
- I liked the few minutes Chandler and Camby played together.
- Melo is going to have chronic back problems from having to carry this team every night.
- Felton can’t come back soon enough.
- The Knicks look like they are back to being the team that is completely unpredictable from night to night. Are they going to play tough and hit shots or get completely blown out, who knows anymore?
- Kurt Thomas, 3 fouls in the first 4 minutes and doesn’t play the rest of the game. How come other players aren’t on as short of a leash as Kurt?
- HIT YOUR GOD DAMN FREE THROWS
- Intense D is what got the Knicks off to such a good start. What happened? Can’t blame tonight completely on Amare, plus they defense has looked like trash for a few games now.