Jay and Marc are joined by Jim Cavan from Knicksblogger and We’ll Always Have Linsanity. The show starts off with Marc providing a list of ten positive things. You can probably guess what we talk about after that, Mike Woodsons coaching decisions, Kidd and JRs extended slumps, the benching of anyone that can hit a three, the overall futility of pretty much everyone.
Jay and Marc try to keep their composure as they talk about the worst Knicks game in recent and probably not so recent memory. We try to figure out what is going wrong and how to fix it plus answer listener questions. Download Episode 197
Jay and Marc talk about the implications of Amare going down for the season, what the new rotation will look like, Kenyon Martin stepping it up, the possibility of Copeland getting out of the doghouse and much more.
Jay and Marc play a new game where they each come up with a list of things that bother them while watching a Knicks game and if it isn’t on the other persons list they get a point. It’s nothing like scattergories, don’t sue us.
Jay and Marc try to make heads or tails out of what Knicks team is going to show up from quarter to quarter, talk about Camby coming back, K-Mart not playing, and a bunch of other interesting Knick strategies. Download Episode 178
Jay and Marc feel that lately even when the Knicks win it’s ugly and not a formula for success in the playoffs. They try and figure out if the problem is coming from the coaching or from certain players. There is a lot of criticizing this episode but almost none of it is about Amare. Jay comes up with a few trade proposals that Marc finds very unrealistic. Download Episode 174
Marc and Jay talk about the Detroit and Washington games, players we can’t root for, improving the dunk contest, a listener calls in, facebook questions, the Knicks rotation, Mike Woodsons rotations and much more Download Episode 173
- The Knicks started off the 1st half in usual annoying fashion, falling behind by double digits before winning by a decent margin at the end. This lack of enthusiasm for the first two quarters is going to really bite them in the ass against better teams.
- Amare has developed this mini-hook that has been really really effective. If he is going to continue to score 15-17 and grab 6-8 rebounds in 25 minutes off the bench while playing semi-tolerable defense while not complaining about his role I’m all in.
- Tyson Chandler: 20 rebounds. Awesome.
- Felton hurt his previously broken finger. After clearly showing some pain and icing it for a while he came back in and hit a few shots. Lets hope it was just a bump and not a refracturing or the 2nd half of the season is going to be really long.
- Kudos to the Knicks for finally not getting burned by not one but two fast point guards. Also, after fast starts by Dunleavy and Ilyasova the Knicks contained them in the 2nd half as well. In other words, no Knick Effect for tonight!
- I’m really glad the Knicks won tonight, but they are playing tomorrow and I would have rathered Melo not play 44 minutes tonight.
- In the 3rd quarter Shumpert got pulled after one minute for missing a defensive assignment. I like that Woodson holds players accountable but it would be even better if he did that for every player. Like when Melo all but sits down on the floor with his arms crossed like a 3 year old when he doesn’t get a call.
We talk about the Hawks and Magic games, Carmelo Anthony’s two milestones, the Rudy Gay trade, Reggie Evans big mouth, a ton of listener questions, Allen Iverson, Rajon Rondo, fantasy basketball, trade scenarios, Steve Novak and much more. Download Episode 171