Ronnie Brewer gets the tweet of the week with this picture from Rasheed Wallaces bowling event. Lets hope Rasheed didn’t pull an Andrew Bynum and reinjure himself while bowling last night:
Episode 168: London Calling
Tommy Dee from theKnicksBlog.com joins us today as we talk about Shumperts return, Felton nearing return and Wallace never returning. We also talk about what to do with the big man rotation, who to give minutes to, how to handle the Amare situation and much more. Download Episode 168
Knicks lose one hell of an ugly game
This story is getting old. No Melo, Felton, Shumpert, and Wallace and Camby left early with back spasms. Oh and Indy happens to let up the fewest points in the league. It was obvious points were going to be hard to come by but 34 points at the half?
- There was a flurry of bad calls at the end of the 2nd quarter. Who would have thought a game reffed by Heywoode Workman (A Pacer on the ’94 team that lost to the Knicks in 7 games in the conference finals) would result in some questionable calls.
- Let me be clear, that was NOT the reason the Knicks lost. 2 players scoring in double digits, one of them being JR who needed 29 shots to score 25 points was. Shooting 35% from the field and 20% from 3 is not going to win many games.
- Roy Hibbert went down with back spasms and Ian Mahinmi came in. This is when things went really bad for the Knicks as Ian then proceded to tear the Knicks a new one the entire 4th quarter. Ian Mahinmi – #Knickeffect
- Marcus Camby was said to have a sore foot. This is also the diagnosis they gave for Rasheed Wallace. He was last seen on the court 28 days ago and counting. Lets hope it’s not as serious as Wallaces “sore foot”.
- There really isn’t much to take away from this game. The Knicks were really short handed and no one was able to step up and score some points. The Pacers are a good home team too. Can’t get too mad, although the losses are starting to pile up now, 7 losses in the last 12 games.
- On the bright side Shumpert should be back in a little over a week which is really good since Brewer apparently wasn’t even able to give 10 minutes on a night when half the roster was out.
Knicks sweep the Spurs for the first time in 10 years
OK so were we in the twilight zone tonight or on Tuesday night? THIS is the Knicks team everyone wants to see. Intense D, ball movement on offense and everyone getting involved. You know, the opposite of last game.
If I had to guess I’d say that Tuesday was the anomaly and tonight is going to be the norm, which by the way if you want to bet on NY Knicks you can do NBA betting (click here) at Top Bet. The Knicks still have 4 players out, but you can start to get a feel of how this team is going to look a month from now. Camby looked better than he has all season with 16 solid minutes, 6 boards and a number of blocked shots. If he’s going to be able to do that for 15-18 minutes on a nightly basic I’m fine with that and also fine with Kurt Thomas buried on the bench only to be used as insurance.
Amare was aggressive and was showing off the post moves he learned this summer. He got blocked about 17 times, but put a few in and drew a few fouls. The crazy part is he didn’t make me constantly scream at the TV about his defense. If he can play that level of defense every night (acceptable but not great) then this is going to be a dangerous team come playoff time.
Brewer his a few shots but he’s going to have to have a string of solid games for me not to cringe every time he shoots the ball. He’s the leading candidate to get buried on the bench if Shumpert resembles an NBA player when he comes back from injury. Continue reading
Knicks vs Rockets 12-17-12 – Game Thread
Jeremy Lin’s return to the Garden. This is the only team that has blown out the Knicks. Melo and Sheed are out and as usual Camby, STAT and Sump are out as well, oh and Felton has bone bruises in BOTH hands. That being said Houston is a sub-500 team and this is a very winnable game. Plus it’s at the Garden where the Knicks happen to be 10-0. Comment as the game goes on below.
Episode 159: Pinch Me I Think I’m Dreaming
The Knicks have the best record in the east after beating the Bobcats and destroying the Heat without Melo. We talk about how the Knicks are winning, if they can keep it up, injury worries, strategies and much more. We also find time to make fun of the Nets and Pelicans. Download Episode 159
The Knicks Bench Beat the Heats Starters, improve to 14-4
I’m starting this recap early and commenting as the game goes:
- Kurt is making the most out of his obligatory 5 minute starting role. 4 boards. Too bad we won’t see him again tonight.
- Sheed is getting cheers in Miami. I didn’t realize how loved he is, he gets cheered in every stadium.
- A lot of 3’s, most of them good looks.
- Took 9 minutes for the first shady call. JR Smith fouled LeBrons shoulder with his face.
- Another good defensive stand by JR, LeBron traveled…nope blocking foul on JR AND a tech. How has there been no investigation into Ed Malloy and Joey Crawford?
- 3.5 minutes into the 2nd and one basket by either team. NY is playing Prigs, Sheed, Novak, Kidd and White so that’s understandable, Miami still has Bosh out there.
- White and Prigioni coming up huge in the 2nd quarter.
- If you want to score on the Knicks just do a back door cut.
- Novak back to back buckets just when you get the feeling Miami might make a run. LeBron 3 and Felton 3 in the final 30 seconds, AND if there was .1 of a second more on the clock LeBron would have scored again. Great game so far.
- Felton and Kidd got on a 9-0 run to start the 3rd!
- An 11-0 run after a 9-0 run and 8 made 3’s by 5 different players.
- LeBron with a monster dunk. He looks super pissed out there. He’s also the only player on the Heat who isn’t sucking.
- Smith has been getting mauled all quarter. Foul on Smith.
- LeBron is about 2 uncontested layups away from going postal on his teammates.
- One of these years Rasheed is going to hit one of these 3’s.
- 3rd 9-0 run of the game, Knicks up by over 20.
- I heard Stern almost fined the Heat $250K tonight until he realized that Bosh and Wade actually played tonight.
Knicks are the number 1 seed after having beat the #2 seed twice this season by a total of 40 points!
Around the league after the first month
The first full month of bball has just ended so lets take a look around the league and see what’s going on:
New York Knicks – 13-4 after playing one of the hardest schedules in the league. As expected they are banged up; Amare, Shumpert, Camby and Kidd are all out and Felton looks like he’s going to play with a bone bruise in his hand. This hasn’t stopped them from holding a 20 point lead in 8 out of their first 16 games. Tough D, Melo averaging the most points per 36 minutes and Chandler on pace for the all time highest FG% for a season have been huge reasons why the Knicks are on such a tear. By the end of the month everyone except Shumpert is supposed to be back so it will be interesting to see if that makes them better or provides chemistry issues. And hopefully Rasheed Wallace can stay on the court more than 90 seconds next game without getting ejected.
The Brooklyn Nets are right behind the Knicks in the standings, however they’ve played a much easier schedule. They did survive an attack by Rajon Rondo. Even though they have the worst crowd chant and the worst mascot it looks like they are going to be a good team.
Andrew Bynum hurt his knee (the supposedly good one) bowling. There is no timetable for his return. Is it possible to be a part of a three team trade where all 3 teams got worse?
Rondo was tied for the second longest double-digit assist streak in NBA history before he attacked Mr. Kardashian. His team is still reeling too. Avery Bradley can’t come back soon enough.
The Toronto Raptors are a very bad team. Kyle Lowry has been the one bright spot. Landry Fields has been terrible but something tells me he’s going to be just fine.
Fortunately for Chicago they are in the worst division in the NBA. It’s totally possible for them to steal a #4 seed without Derrick Rose and then have him healthy for a playoff run. Continue reading
Ball Don’t Lie
I’m sure you’ve heard by now that Rasheed Wallace got ejected after yelling “Ball Don’t Lie” I wasn’t aware that this has been Rasheed’s catch phrase for a while so I did some research and found out what it means:
“Ball don’t lie” is said when a player misses one, two or all three of his free throws after a questionable (read as: bullshit) foul call is made by an official. The ball is, essentially, the unbiased judge who will not reward the player by going in if the apparent foul was indeed bullshit.
*Andrew Bogut locks arms with Rasheed Wallace and trips over his own feet, prompting a foul call from the referee
* Rasheed: That’s BULLSHIT, man!
*Andrew Bogut toes the line and proceeds to miss his first free throw
*Rasheed: BALL DON’T LIE!
*Bogut then attempts a second free throw and misses again
*Rasheed: BALL DON’T LIE, DAMNIT!
Game Recap: The 12-4 Edition
The Knicks beat the Suns to maintain their Atlantic Division lead. About 6 minutes into the game the Knicks had built a big lead and seemed to get bored and decided to make things interesting. They let the Suns come back, then went up by 20, then let them come back again and so on. At the end a win is a win but it would have been nice to go up by 20 and then stay up by 20.
- Speaking of going up by 20; this was the 8th time in 16 games the Knicks have had a 20 point lead.
- Rasheed Wallace got a technical for yelling “Ball Don’t Lie” which resulted in his ejection.
- JR Smith had another terrible game. He was also on twitter at 2 and 4am. I’m noticing a trend here.
- Copeland had a career high in every category. If Camby and Thomas can’t stay on the court it looks like the Knicks have another option.
- Dragic is 13th in the league in assists per game. Imagine how many he’d average if he didn’t have to pass to Morris and Beasley.
- The Knicks had 7 turnovers all game and only one in the 2nd half. They also forced 17. Lines like that are going to win a lot of ball games.
- I thought Stern was about to fine the Suns for resting their players until I realized that’s their actual team.
- Felton has been on a tear since the New Jersey Nets of Brooklyn game. Portland fans have to be getting pissed.