The Knicks are supposed to win games like this and win them by a large margin. Today did not disappoint. Lets face it, if they did lose this game Knicks nation would be in a complete panic and endless talk of how the first 8 games were a fluke would ensue. Some thoughts on today’s game:
- The 2nd half almost seemed as if the Knicks were toying with the Pistons. At least 3 times Detroit would come to within 8-10 points and then the Knicks would go on a big run.
- Carmelo was unstoppable today. When he’s scoring from inside and out as well as passing when he’s double-teamed there isn’t much you can do.
- Welcome back Steve Novak, we missed you.
- Camby looked a lot more mobile today. Hopefully this means he’s getting into game shape. We need another rebounder out there.
- Can someone start a movement to ban Rasheed Wallace from taking shots more than 12 feet from the basket?
- Jason Kidd is more important than people realize. In the 2nd quarter Detroit made a run and almost came back to tie the Knicks. Kidd enters and suddenly the Knicks are up by 20. This is not the first time something like this has happened. Continue reading
We knew the Knicks had to lose eventually. At least the Knicks first loss was to the Grizzlies who are playing the best basketball in the league and now have the leagues best record as well.
Once again the energy was playoff atmosphere. The effort on both ends was unbelievable. Carmelo held his own for the most part guarding Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph and Rasheed Wallace looked like 2004 Rasheed.
Jerryd Bayless and JR Smith got into it late in the 2nd quarter and everything began to go downhill. Continue reading
5-0 vs 7-1, let’s do this! Comment below as the game goes along.
It has been said that we are a little too pessimistic about the Knicks and that we complain a little too much. Well here are the top 10 complaints about the Knicks 5-0 start so far:
- Their record in the NBA may be 5-0 but against the point spread they are only 3-2.
- Anyone can win their games by double digits. How about winning by triple digits?
- Kurt Thomas, Marcus Camby or Rasheed Wallace are all playing like they are old. I expected more triple doubles from these guys.
- If Melo is playing so well then why doesn’t Woodson have him play all 48 minutes every night?
- They are playing well now but how well will they do when every player on the team suffers a debilitating injury. Continue reading
This is a post that I wrote for Popblerd.com. Check them out for music, movies, sports, basically everything. Popblerd also started an around the league facebook page that I’m a part of so like the Roundball Soundoff Facebook page!
The NY Knicks are 4-0 for the first time since the 93-94 season. They are the only undefeated team in the NBA and played a lineup consisting of veterans Marcus Camby, Rasheed Wallace and Jason Kidd…in 2012. They are winning by an average of 17 points a game even though their opponents have a 13-2 record against other teams. I wouldn’t have believed any of these things would have happened if you’d told me a few weeks ago.
Boston is having a harder with their new pieces than expected. They are 3-3, with 2 of their wins coming in the last few seconds of the game. On the bright side for the Celtics, Rajon Rondo just had his 30th straight game with at least 10 assists; 3rd all time to Magic Johnson – 44 and John Stockton – 37.
The team many dubbed the best team in New York is 2-2 and have been wildly inconsistent, winning by 30 and losing by 20 in the same week. And in case you missed it, The Nets have a ridiculous mascot. Continue reading
I think after today’s game we can all agree we need this.
A thank you to Charles Labial for another awesome photoshop!
The Knicks are now 2-0 which is in a word, shocking. They have looked good on offense and ferocious on defense. If they keep playing with this intensity they may have a shot to play some basketball in late May or even June – not to get way ahead of ourselves. They could easily blow the next two but if you are a Knicks fan and you are not excited then check yourself for a pulse. Here are some thoughts from how the Knicks treated the 76ers like a small child today:
- There was a guy playing for the Knicks wearing #7 who was diving for lose balls, blocking shots, playing stellar defense and even dove into the stands for a lose ball. I have no idea who this player was but I hope he can give Melo some tips on how to play.
- I am going to go out on a limb and say that whenever either the Knicks hit 19 treys like Friday or JR Smith actually plays well the Knicks are going to win. And, JR with 20 points, 9 rebounds and 2 steals – did that really happen???
- The Knicks are winning by an average of 18 points a game. The Knicks are winning by an average of 18 points a game. I had to write that twice because it sounds so absurd but is true.
- How is it that the Knicks won by so much in back to back games yet I was on the edge of my seat and kept waiting for the Knicks to blow it in each game?
- Hey Philly, you better hope Bynum comes back soon or this is going to be a long season for all of your fans. I may regret saying that tomorrow night but right now I am sticking my tongue out at your mediocre squad. Continue reading