It’s hard to take anything away from a preseason game, but I’m in basketball withdrawal so I’m giving you my two cents anyway.
- Last season the Knicks averaged somewhere between 1/2 and 1 3/4 total point guards. This year we have 3. Felton was slimmed down, Kidd is still a savvy veteran and the oldest rookie in NBA history Pablo Prigioni, at 35, looked very good. He hit 4/8 from 3 point land and had a few nice dishes.
- Chandler looked more involved on offense. A few more games like that and teams will have to make sure they always keep an eye on him, which may cut down on double teams from Melo and Amar’e.
- Should I even mention how much better Melo looks without Amar’e? OK, I won’t mention it.
- If you listen to the show you probably know Jay isn’t a huge fan of the refs. Well this game I saw a flop by Novak called as a block and a few flops by Wizards players with no whistles at all. There was actually a play where a player flopped on JR Smith and Smith assumed he’d get called for a foul and stopped playing. I like the non-calls and the block calls on flops. Good start refs! Now lets see how those are called when the Knicks play the 3 evil stepsisters from Miami.
- I’m officially hoping John Shurna gets the last spot. I need to see more of that wacky shot of his.