- The Knicks started off the 1st half in usual annoying fashion, falling behind by double digits before winning by a decent margin at the end. This lack of enthusiasm for the first two quarters is going to really bite them in the ass against better teams.
- Amare has developed this mini-hook that has been really really effective. If he is going to continue to score 15-17 and grab 6-8 rebounds in 25 minutes off the bench while playing semi-tolerable defense while not complaining about his role I’m all in.
- Tyson Chandler: 20 rebounds. Awesome.
- Felton hurt his previously broken finger. After clearly showing some pain and icing it for a while he came back in and hit a few shots. Lets hope it was just a bump and not a refracturing or the 2nd half of the season is going to be really long.
- Kudos to the Knicks for finally not getting burned by not one but two fast point guards. Also, after fast starts by Dunleavy and Ilyasova the Knicks contained them in the 2nd half as well. In other words, no Knick Effect for tonight!
- I’m really glad the Knicks won tonight, but they are playing tomorrow and I would have rathered Melo not play 44 minutes tonight.
- In the 3rd quarter Shumpert got pulled after one minute for missing a defensive assignment. I like that Woodson holds players accountable but it would be even better if he did that for every player. Like when Melo all but sits down on the floor with his arms crossed like a 3 year old when he doesn’t get a call.