|3-1 this week as the Knicks make their playoff push. Hahaha, just kidding about the playoffs. They beat two crappy teams and 1 good team missing 40% of their starting lineup and also got completely annihilated against a good team. The Knicks final 7 games are all against playoff teams so this will probably be the last semi nice rankings of the season. I forsee much bitterness in the final two weeks.|
|Rank||Player||Comments||Last weeks Rank|
|1||Anthony, Carmelo||At first I was thinking the Knicks have 43 losses, how much worse would they be without Melo? Then I realized the answer is they’d much much worse.||2|
|2||Smith, J.R.||JR had a very good week, and played out of his mind against the Kings. I’m worried that he’s gone from about 10 shots a night to 15+, that doesn’t bode well for when he goes cold again. And he will.||5|
|3||Prigioni, Pablo||His plus minus shows he knows how to run an offense. He gets shredded by opposing guards fairly often but at least he does many other things on the court better than the rest of our sorry backcourt.||3|
|4||Chandler, Tyson||Would have put him 3rd for having a few good games but 1 point and 4 rebounds against the Suns? Shame on you Tyson.||4|
|5||Stoudemire, Amar’e||Two good games before his streak of playing really well ended. He got some rest last night so maybe he’ll be ready to dominate during the Knicks EPIC PLAYOFF PUUUUUUSHHH, hahahahaha.||1|
|6||Shumpert, Iman||Remember when Shumpert could play offense? He’s this high because he plays defense and contrary to Woodsons opinion defense does mean something.||6|
|7||Hardaway Jr., Tim||His shot was off all week but he somehow posted a positive +/- in every game this week. Something we’re going to need for this exciting, riveting PLAYOFF PUSH!!!!!!! Hahahahaha.||9|
|8||Aldrich, Cole||I like how Woodson is actually using a backup center sometimes. Not when Tyson is putting up 1 point, the Knicks are getting embarrassed though. Why try anything different when you are down by 30.||7|
|9||Felton, Raymond||Trey Burke didn’t go off last night. That makes one straight game that opposing guards didn’t go off. Progress. Progress we’ll need for the final 7 games of the Kicks 2013-14 PLAYOFF PUSH, lol.||11|
|10||Shannon Brown||Shannon Brown. 2 points and 1 steal in less than a minute against the Warriors. That’s the kind of productivity we’re going to need for the end of the season, totally exciting and realistic playoff push!||12|
|11||Murry, Toure’||I get it now. Woodson is saving Murry so he’s fully rested for all of these playoff games the Knicks will be playing.||8|
|12||Jeremy Tyler||Only one game out! We’ll ignore that it’s 2 in the loss column and don’t have a tiebreaker so it’s essentially 3 games with 7 to go because Tyler is ready for the totally feasable, definitely doable PLAYOFF PUSH!||10|
|13||Martin, Kenyon||I hope K-Mart comes back this week because if there is one thing he knows how to do it’s push for the playoffs.||13|
|14||Bargnani, Andrea||Sucks for you Bargs. You were stuck on all those lottery teams only to get to the Knicks at the height of their amazing run to the playoffs and are too injured to play!||14|
Knicks Outgun the Hawks to Bring Their Win Streak to 1 In a Row
- I figured since the Knicks expended almost no energy last night they’d have plenty for the Hawks game and come out on fire.
- Felton and Shumpert did come out on fire, scoring the Knicks first 10 or so points before Melo and Smith decided to continue last nights futility by jacking up terrible shots and missing most of them. Melo also started the game in the mode (which we’ve seen way too often) where he stops and has a lengthy conversation with the ref as to why he didn’t get a foul call while the opposing team keeps playing and gets an open layup. Fortunately that only lasted for the 1st quarter and they both got hot the rest of the game.
- Melo shot 9-12 from 3-point range, tying the franchise record for 3’s (Starks, Sprewell, Sprewell again and yes Toney Douglas) before the Hawks finally caught on in the 4th and refused to let him even take a 3.
- We got on Kurt Thomas case for being a -8 in 2 minutes the other day, well he was +8 in 4 minutes tonight so we’ve come full circle.
- Ronnie Brewer doubled his minutes total from last game, going from 2.5 seconds to 4.9 seconds tonight. The opposing team was scoreless during Brewers time on the court yet again.
- Fast point guards must salivate when they see the Knicks come up on their schedule. I can’t remember the last time a quick point guard, or even a moderately quick one didn’t tear the Knicks a new one.
- Speaking of which, @imadoggarcia and I have been trying to guess which opposing player will have their best game of the season against the Knicks, a.k.a. the Knick Effect. He chose Teague (a fast point guard) and I chose Stevenson (a random bench guy who hasn’t done much all season, a perfect candidate). Teague scored 27, his second highest scoring game of the season and Stevenson had 15, tying his highest game of the season.
- Amare had 18 and 8 and once again didn’t look terrible on defense. If this keeps up this raises the bar for what the Knicks can do this season.
- Kidd left after 5 minutes to nurse a sore back in the locker room and Chandler was in obvious discomfort in the 4th with a tweaked neck. I can’t express how much I hope both of these are very minor injures as it would be heartbreaking to get this close to a full roster only to have 2 guys go down almost immediately.
- Tough ending for Josh Smith. Last 4 plays were a backcourt violation, a turnover, a foul on Amare (which wasn’t a foul at all but made up for the completely ridiculous technical on Anthony that almost decided the game) and a missed wide open 3 that would have won the game. Not very smoove.
Knicks vs Hawks – 1-27-13 – Game Thread
Lets hope this game erases last nights game from our memories. Comment below as the game goes on.
Episode 123: Going to Miami
Predictably we lost in Cleveland where we haven’t won in five years. The Knicks then came back and beat the Hawks without Chandler. We give our thoughts on the game and talk about Metta World Peace trying to murder James Harden. Download Episode 123
Knicks @ Hawks 4/22/12 – Game Thread
The Knicks clinched a playoff spot this weekend and with the loss to the Cavs we’re stuck in either 7th or 8th. Do we try to get the 8th seed so we can play the Bulls? Is that even a good idea considering they can rebound and we can’t?
Episode 66: The Week in Review
We talk about the last weeks games including the 3OT Grizzlies/Thunder game, the elimination of the Atlanta Hawks, and Miami eliminating Boston. Download Episode 66
Episode 64: Game 2’s; the Upset Edition
We talk about the 2nd round series between the Bulls and Hawks, Celtics and Heat, Grizzlies and Thunder and Mavs and Lakers. Download Episode 64
Episode 32: It was the Glasses
Jay and Marc recap the last two games vs. the Atlanta Hawks and the Miami Heat and talk about what to expect in the Detroit Pistons game. We try to figure out who is going to play if Chandler, Stoudemire and Williams are all out, what happens in practice, if Mozgov is ready to get some minutes again, and if Roger Mason is going to hit a shot to double his shooting percentage. We go over some ridiculous Miami Heat articles and top it all off with an interview with Stan from KnicksKnotes.com Download Episode 32
Offseason Grades – Eastern Conference
In episode 1 Marc and Jay started to give their grades for the 2010 offseason transactions, here’s the results:
New York Knicks – B+
New Jersey Nets – C+
Philadelphia 76ers – C-
Toronto Raptors – D-
Boston Celtics – B+
New York Knicks – B-
New Jersey Nets – B
Philadelphia 76ers – C+
Toronto Raptors – F
Boston Celtics – B
Milwaukee Bucks – A-
Cleveland Cavs – F
Detroit Pistons – D
Indiana Pacers – B-
Chicago Bulls – C+
Milwaukee Bucks – A-
Cleveland Cavs – F
Detroit Pistons – C-
Indiana Pacers – C
Chicago Bulls – B-
Washington Wizards – B+
Orlando Magic – D-
Miami Heat – A+
Atlanta Hawks – F
Charlotte Bobcats – F
Washington Wizards – A-
Orlando Magic – B-
Miami Heat – A+
Atlanta Hawks – F
Charlotte Bobcats – D+