I get it John Wall is fast and they have some other young fast guards. They also have some good big men. What I also get is that that are the Wizards and they are destined for the lottery. The Knicks will win tonight with the only uncertainty being whether Chandler pulls down 20 boards. Who will get tonights #Knickeffect? Comment below as the game goes on.
The Knicks won by 21 points tonight against the Bullets (I hate calling them the Wizards). The game was never really close and the Knicks did what they are supposed to do, show no mercy on lesser opponents. It is hard to remember a time when the Knicks consistently blew out their opponents. There is more I could say about the Knicks performance but instead I am just going to spend the rest of this recap insulting the Bullets/Wizards.
- David Stern announced big sanctions coming against Washington for playing the actual guys on the roster.
- Washington thought they had a chance tonight because they misread the inactive and active list and thought they would be playing against Jason Kidd by himself…and, even then, they only thought they had a chance.
- Washington is nicknamed the Wizards because it would take an actual Wizard to turn this franchise around.
- The Wizards are so bad that they have been asked to replace the Generals so the Globetrotters can have an easier opponent.
- How can the Wizards cut Blatche and actually get worse? Continue reading →
The Knicks are now 2-0 which is in a word, shocking. They have looked good on offense and ferocious on defense. If they keep playing with this intensity they may have a shot to play some basketball in late May or even June – not to get way ahead of ourselves. They could easily blow the next two but if you are a Knicks fan and you are not excited then check yourself for a pulse. Here are some thoughts from how the Knicks treated the 76ers like a small child today:
- There was a guy playing for the Knicks wearing #7 who was diving for lose balls, blocking shots, playing stellar defense and even dove into the stands for a lose ball. I have no idea who this player was but I hope he can give Melo some tips on how to play.
- I am going to go out on a limb and say that whenever either the Knicks hit 19 treys like Friday or JR Smith actually plays well the Knicks are going to win. And, JR with 20 points, 9 rebounds and 2 steals – did that really happen???
- The Knicks are winning by an average of 18 points a game. The Knicks are winning by an average of 18 points a game. I had to write that twice because it sounds so absurd but is true.
- How is it that the Knicks won by so much in back to back games yet I was on the edge of my seat and kept waiting for the Knicks to blow it in each game?
- Hey Philly, you better hope Bynum comes back soon or this is going to be a long season for all of your fans. I may regret saying that tomorrow night but right now I am sticking my tongue out at your mediocre squad. Continue reading →