This is probably the toughest test of the season so far as the quest to remain undefeated continues. Comment here as the game goes on.
Chris Copeland is officially a Knick. Lets face it with Amare out until who knows when, Camby still out, Rasheed never in and Chandler banged up it would have been insane for Chris not to make the roster. With Kurt Thomas and Tyson Chandler as our only bigs who will allegedly be healthy for game one it looks like we’ll get to see what Chris can do in games that matter early in the season. Hopefully this feel-good story continues once the season starts.
- Toronto for 3….Swish. Knicks for 3….Brick. Toronto for 3…Swish. Knicks for 3….Brick.
- Prigioni to STAT looks very promising.
- Kyle Lowry was acquired for a draft pick. Kyle Lowry is also excellent. If the Knicks ever saved a draft pick we could have gotten in on that.
- White and Copeland can play D.
- Amar’e still can’t.
- I’m really happy I drafted Bargnani
- When Melo is off no one picked up the scoring load. This could be a recurring problem throughout the season.
- Not that Toronto is going to be great, but there are zero BAD teams in the Atlantic division for the first time since I can remember.
- Someone other than Chandler needs to crash the boards.
It’s hard to take anything away from a preseason game, but I’m in basketball withdrawal so I’m giving you my two cents anyway.
- Last season the Knicks averaged somewhere between 1/2 and 1 3/4 total point guards. This year we have 3. Felton was slimmed down, Kidd is still a savvy veteran and the oldest rookie in NBA history Pablo Prigioni, at 35, looked very good. He hit 4/8 from 3 point land and had a few nice dishes.
- Chandler looked more involved on offense. A few more games like that and teams will have to make sure they always keep an eye on him, which may cut down on double teams from Melo and Amar’e.
- Should I even mention how much better Melo looks without Amar’e? OK, I won’t mention it.
- If you listen to the show you probably know Jay isn’t a huge fan of the refs. Well this game I saw a flop by Novak called as a block and a few flops by Wizards players with no whistles at all. There was actually a play where a player flopped on JR Smith and Smith assumed he’d get called for a foul and stopped playing. I like the non-calls and the block calls on flops. Good start refs! Now lets see how those are called when the Knicks play the 3 evil stepsisters from Miami.
- I’m officially hoping John Shurna gets the last spot. I need to see more of that wacky shot of his.
We’re trying to bring the show to the next level. To do that we’re going to need some sponsors. Please help us out by filling out this very brief demographic survey.
Question of the day: Which Knick does the most with the least talent and which Knick does the least with the most talent?
We talk about the Olympics, the Dwight Howard trade, make our predictions for the eastern conference and answer listener questions. Download Episode 140
Jim Cavan from Knickerblogger.net joins us on our big playoff preview. We talk about starting Amar’e off the bench, and how it probably will never happen, Metta World Peace’s suspension, and different rotation possibilities for the playoffs. We then make our picks for every round of hte playoffs and give our end of the season awards. Download Episode 124
Which Just Ridiculous Smith will we see tonight? Can Shumpert stop Rondo? Will Baron decompose by halftime? Pierce vs Melo is always fun. Lets hope the Knicks get one step closer to clinching that playoff spot.
- Do you remember how everyone was worried that when Baron came back he would insist on taking over the starting role from Jeremy Lin. Well Lin is out for the year and Baron still insists on playing back up point guard even if we don’t have a goddam starting point guard.
- How do the Knicks choose which quarter not to play each night? Did they pick the 2nd quarter out of a hat before the game?
- Why can’t this team be good at both offense and defense. Last year they rocked on offense but couldn’t play a lick of defense. Now since Woodson took over they have the best defense in the league and a pathetic offense. Do the Knicks need to bring D’Antoni back as Woodson’s offensive coordinator? Continue reading