With the Knicks first pre-season game tonight and in honor of our former coach, the great Mike Woodson, our investigative team here at New York Knicks Podcast has uncovered the actual notes Mike Woodson provided his players prior to their first preseason game last season. We are exposing ourselves to a great deal of liability by providing this information to you but we care about you the reader. We cannot explain to you exactly how this information was obtained but needless to say it involved a great deal of strap-ons.
- If you are wide open with the basketball in your hand, before shooting, ask yourself is your name Carmelo or JR.
- The first 20 seconds on the shot clock are all about setting up your shot.
- On the fast break be the turtle, not the hare. If you don’t follow that than maybe we should be trading you and by you everyone knows I am talking to Shump.
- If you are on defense and covering the same guy for more than 5 seconds than you are doing something wrong.
- If you are on defense and you see the guy with the ball is double covered, get your ass over there because there is no reason that guy shouldn’t be triple covered.
- Time on the bench is not for resting or chit-chat, when you are on the bench you should be paying very close attention to my goatee.
- All personal listening devices by team rule can play any number of great songs to get you pumped for tonight’s game as long as that song was written and performed by JD & the Straight Shots.
- Above all else remember our mantra on offense, “passing is just admitting that you can’t score”.
HEY FELTON, STOP FREAKIN’ SHOOTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Knicks played retro ball tonight and by retro ball I mean they played like it was last season. They played all iso ball all the time. There were times I thought Melo was going to break out a cape he was playing so much hero ball. This loss may be their worst all season. It is not because it was against the Nets. This one can’t be blamed on bad refs or too much travel. The Knicks didn’t catch a crazy performance from a Chandler Parsons type tonight. The defense was all right but they were ugly on offense throughout. It was every man for themselves on offense with the exception of Tyson Chandler who cleaned up and had a monster game on offense, keeping this team in the game. This loss kills me because we should not be about to enter December with this team reverting to all their bad habits. Let’s hope the real reason they lost was because Jason Kidd was out. Here are my thoughts:
- Did JR Smith wear Felton’s number tonight because that is the only explanation for Felton’s 3-19 performance?
- Did Rasheed re-retire before tonight’s game and not tell anyone? How does a guy who should only be shooting from inside the paint go 2-11?
- Hey Melo, STOP TRYING TO DO EVERYTHING BY YOURSELF!!! You have teammates and unless you trust them you are never going to win.
- Chandler was 12-13 from the field with 28 points, all of which seemed to be off of teammates misses. Does anyone want to run some pick and rolls for this guy? Chandler could have scored 40 tonight if the Knicks made any effort to get him involved in the offense. Continue reading →
It has been said that we are a little too pessimistic about the Knicks and that we complain a little too much. Well here are the top 10 complaints about the Knicks 5-0 start so far:
- Their record in the NBA may be 5-0 but against the point spread they are only 3-2.
- Anyone can win their games by double digits. How about winning by triple digits?
- Kurt Thomas, Marcus Camby or Rasheed Wallace are all playing like they are old. I expected more triple doubles from these guys.
- If Melo is playing so well then why doesn’t Woodson have him play all 48 minutes every night?
- They are playing well now but how well will they do when every player on the team suffers a debilitating injury. Continue reading →